Friday, May 29, 2015

My Holy Grail Eyeliner | Beauty

When I first started out with make up, the one step I would never leave out is eyeliner.
Fast forward a few years and I haven't really changed - I feel like I don't ever leave the house when I'm not wearing eyeliner, it might have become my trademark.

My younger self, however, had no idea how this whole make up thing worked, and applying eyeliner confused her greatly. All the pictures that show me sporting panda eyes prove it. I cringe every time I see them.

I sometimes still struggle with doing a precise feline flick if I'm not using a eyeliner that makes its application easier for me - the only one that appeared to be doing that was my LR Colour's one, which recently dried out completely, so I was desperately trying to get my hands on a new eyeliner.

I read a few reviews on Maybelinne's "Lasting Drama 36h Gel Liner", which were mostly positive, so I decided to give it a go.


What I found especially interesting about this eyeliner was its applicator which is supposed to make applying the product a lot easier.


Before application, you have to twist the bottom of the gel liner to get the actual product to show up - it claims "only one click!" down there, but in reality I felt like it took me around twenty tries for the black liner to come up.


What I really love about this is the color pay-off. Once you have taken your fair share of time to get the actual product to show up, it and glides on very easily and goes on inky black, no pressure at all needed.
The only downside application wise is that after twisting up the liner once you've used some of it up, too much product might easily end up on your lid, making the application process really messy.

Maybelline claims that this gel liner can stay put for 36 hours without getting messy, which I haven't actually tried out as I always take off my make up at the end of the day (who doesn't?) but I wore this when I spent the entire day in Munich yesterday - I applied it at 7 in the morning and took it off at 9.30 in the evening, and the only part that had smudged a little was the wing - that's insanely good for over twelve hours of wear time on a really hot and humid day!


Overall, I'm really loving this, even though my clumsiness sometimes leads me to put a little too much off the product in my lid, which extends my make up routine by at least five minutes as this does take some time to get off.
This liner is an amazing product for people who rely on their make up to stay put for long periods of time as well as girls who are just starting out with eyeliner as it's fairly easy to apply.

What is your favorite eyeliner?




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig