Friday, May 1, 2015

April Favorites | Beauty

This year is seriously flying by so fast, it's scary. It's May 1st already, and soon I will start my exams, and soon after that, I will be walking 'round in summer dresses and eating ice cream while on my summer holiday.

Back to present day, though. April has been a so-so month for me.
The first two weeks were really nice - obviously, I was on spring break and as care-free as one could be, but the second half of the past month has literally left me feeling stressed burnt out and just really, really tired.

I also decided to put myself on a spending ban halfway through April because I realized that in around two months, I will be off to Berlin - which seems to be incredible for shopping from what I've heard.
But you know me, I still managed to purchase a few new products, some of which I ended up using every single day without fail, along with some products that have been in my make up collection for ages.



Soap & Glory Flake Away Body Scrub (14,99€)

As I mentioned, summer is fast approaching, so the season for bare skin is almost here!
I'm a little conscious about my legs - it's not even the fact that I'm not really thin, but my really pale, dull skin annoys me- so I was incredibly happy when my Mom suprised me with this!
Using this body scrub once or twice a week has made my skin look (and also feel) so much better - it feels a lot softer and also looks way more healthy. Plus, the scent of this is absolutely heavenly.
If you want a more in depth review on this, I have one up here.

MaxFactor Creme Puff Blush in "Nude Mauve" (8,45€)

MaxFactor's Creme Puff blushes have probably been one of the most hyped drugstore products over the past few months, but it was only until pretty recently that they were released here in Germany.

"Nude Mauve", which is the shade I own, is a light pink that gives you a natural, subtle glow due to the slight shimmer it includes, which works great for pale skin like mine.
The longevity of these is insane - I have gone up to four hours until I had to touch my blush up!

LR Deluxe Longwear Lipliner in "Nude Line" (10,95€)

Lip wise, there weren't a lot of changes this month - when in doubt, I still went for a nude lip.
In fact, this product isn't new to my collection, either. To be honest, I got this last summer, and I've been using it on and off ever since.
This month, however, I actually made the effort to line my lips every single morning, and I'm really glad that I rediscovered this in the process.

This really does what it promises - this lipliner stays in place all day long, there have been days when I came home at around eight, and even though my lipstick had long gone, the lipliner had stayed in place!
Another thing I love about this that the shade "Nude Line" literally goes with every single nude lipstick I own, so it's worth the investment.

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation (11.27€)

If you've read the post I wrote on this (you can find it here), you will know that before I got this product, I haven't been much of a foundation-wearer. In fact, after some past experiences, I didn't wear foundation ever.
Rimmel's "Wake Me Up" foundation, however, lured me in with the fact that they actually acknowlege the fact that there are people with really fair skin, and because this foundation promises a healthy glow - something I was definitely lacking.

This has to be my favorite discovery of the past month - the shade "Light Porcelain" is a perfect match to my skin tone, the foundation feels insanely light on my skin and it makes me look like I've had either a full night's sleep or at least three cups of coffee.

EOS Lipbalm in "Vanilla Mint" (12,99€)

My lovely friend Lisa, who I stayed with when I was in America, sent me this as part of a parcel for my birthday, and I was so happy to find this little gem in there because even though we do have EOS in Germany, this particular one hasn't been released here.

I'm seriously obsessed with this.
I have pretty dry lips, so I'm always looking for a super hydrating lip balm, and this one is definitely one of them. It keeps my lips feeling super soft for around two hours, and it tastes and smells a lot like vanilla, which I love.


So, there you have the products that I've been enjoying the most all through April - and even though I'm really not proud of the fact that against my spending ban, I picked up some new stuff, I can now say that that money was definitely worth it.

What is something that you've been loving this past month?

Thank you so much for reading!


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig