Sunday, May 24, 2015

Mac Cremesheen Lipstick in Fanfare | Beauty


If you've been following me and my blogging journey for a while, you might've noticed that I have got an obsession. 
Not just a casual obsession with make up in general, but like an all out there obsession with lipsticks. Unless owning over thirty of them is normal. (I don't just buy those babies, I adopt them. I give them a home and lots of love. This is totally justified.)

One brand that is rather famous for their lipsticks is MAC, and if you've seen my review of their Satin lipstick in "Twig", you will know that those particular lippies are my absolute favorites.
Obviously, with a price tag of 20€, they're not something a student like me would just pick up on a whim, but when I spent a few weeks in the US in October - if you're interested in hearing about that trip, make sure to check this out! - I did the maths and as MAC products are quite a bit cheaper there, I decided to pick one of those infamous lipsticks up.


I went for "Fanfare", which probably wasn't too smart at that time as this shade's a more vibrant pink that looks almost coral-ish once applied - not the greatest color for fall/winter, eh? Trust me to make the greatest decisions.

But now that spring is here and summer is fast approaching, I started using it more again and I absolutely fell head over heels for the second time.

MAC do that thing where they lure you in with their simple, yet very classy and chic packaging and the faint smell of vanilla all of their lippies have - I adore both of those things.

"Fanfare" is a Cremesheen Finish which means that it goes on buttery soft and moisturizes your lips, while also having a sheen finish.
As lipsticks of this finish do, "Fanfare" doesn't last as long as a matte lipstick would, but from my experience, you can wear this for about three hours until you will need to touch it up.

(I know, I know. My hair is an absolute mess in this picture. I'm truly sorry.)

The pigmentation of this lipstick is, considering its finish, outstanding. I found that even after the lipstick had slightly vanished from my lips, it left a pretty strong stain so the color would still be very visible.

Overall, I think it's safe to say that this lipstick is making its way into a lot of my summer make up routines. It's a very pretty shade, especially for daytime, that works well for my fair skin tone, unlike many other vibrant shades which tend to wash me out.

What is your favorite MAC lipstick? Feel free to share them with me so I can check them out - and probably add them to my never ending wishlist, haha.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig