Wednesday, May 27, 2015

7 Things I Want To Do This Summer | Lifestyle


The days are getting longer and warmer, all different kind of insects are making my life a living hell and ice cream has become a food staple - it's offical, summer is on its way!

For me, summer doesn't actually start until the 31st of July as that is my last day of school, but that doesn't stop me from making awesome plans to enjoy the warmer season nontheless.

Last year I had the idea to write down a few things that I wanted to do that summer and tick them off as my summer was going by, so I could look back at that lists and remember all the awesome things that happened back then.

As that worked out pretty well last time I did it, I decided that this year I'm going to share my lists with you guys - you might get some inspiration for some activities to try out this summer!


This summer I want to:

1. Go on a roadtrip

This one is actually going to happen as my parents usually take my brother and me for at least one roadtrip per summer - but I still wanted to include it as they're one of my favorite things in the world.
There is something really calming and freeing about driving for hours and blasting old rock songs that I am very much in need of right now.

2. Be more outgoing and open towards strangers

I tell myself that I'll do this exact thing every summer, but I feel like I'm improving by taking baby steps.
I might have a loud mouth, but I'm actually quite timid and scared of other people and their opinions - it's pretty stupid, I know, but it's also a part of who I am and I desperately want to work on that and become more happy.

3. Ride a rollercoaster

I've loved rollercoasters ever since I was around five or six years old - I love screaming on top of my lungs so I can't hear how other people are telling me to shut up and I'm addcited to that tingly feeling I get in my stomach when the coaster kick-starts.

4. Explore an unknown place

As I mentioned when I talked about my travel bucket list, I'm not the most well-traveled person ever, and I really want to change that.
I've planned a few trips with both my friends and my family and I can't wait to get lost in an unkown place and find its most beautiful spots.

5. Go stargazing

I live in a pretty big city, so I usually don't get to see too many stars at night, which really sucks as I love sitting on my balcony and watching all the different stars.
I'd love to drive out of town to some village and just sit on someone's car, looking at the stars with them.

6. Learn Spanish

I'm taking a seminar on Mexico for the next four semesters which is bilingual - English, which is fine, and then Spanish. Do you see my problem here? I don't speak a word of Spanish.
My teacher reassured me that that's absolutely no problem as about 98% of the seminar is in English,  butI still want to show her that I have the fight in me to teach myself the basics of a language.

7. Show someone how much they mean to me

Recently, I've had a lot of moments where it hit me how many people I have in my life that I'm utterly thankful for - and then I realize that I hardly ever show anyone how strongly I feel for them.
Because of this, I want to make at least one person feel all the love they give to me this summer.


What is something that you would love to do this summer?



SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I think goal 7 is amazing! It's honestly such an easy thing to do, and I think people should be doing it all the time.
    Shaguna
    gold&hearts

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig