Sunday, May 31, 2015

May Favorites


At the risk of this being totally cliché - seriously, where has the time gone?
Tomorrow marks the first day of June, which to me basically means that summer is well on its way.
The days are getting warmer, the clothes are getting shorter and more colorful and everyone seems to feel a lot more happy and relaxed.

I seemed to have inital difficulties when it came to shifting my make up from the darker, cooler winter tones to something a little bit more light - but this month has been all about rosey shades and other springy new discoveries for me!


Marc Jacobs Daisy Dream EdT (91€)

If you've read my "spring beauty wishlist", you will know that I have been admiring this perfume from afar for well over a year now, but I never really had the cash or the heart to spend so much on a perfume to actually purchase it. Now, I still can't believe it, but my Mom was generous enough to give this to me as a moving-out present!
I have been wearing this every single day without fail as it's a fairly light floral/herbal scent which is absolutely perfect for spring and summer!

Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette (47,99€)

I feel like I had been neglecting this palette for quite some time because when I got it in February, I wasn't feeling its rosey tones too much, but I found myself reaching for this a lot throughout May.
You all have probably heard several hymnes on Urban Decay's palettes by now, so please bear with mine - the quality of the shadows is outstanding, they stay put all day with next to no fallout at all and the color payoff is incredible.
Even though the majority of the eyeshadows included are rose toned, there are so many different looks you can create for both day and night time with this as well.

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer in 'Sin' (full size: 18,99€)

Before using my Naked 3 palette, I always applied this sample that came with it. (By the way, those samples can last for up to one month.)
'Sin' is a champange colored eyeshadow primer which is supposed to make the shades you apply after it look more vibrant, prevent any budging and make them last for up to 24 hours.
This primer actually does all of the things it claims to do - well, I haven't worn make up for a complete 24 hours like, ever, but I did use this on several days when I wore make up for over 12 hours - and my eyeshadow stayed in place all damn day.
I don't know how Urban Decay did this, but they definitely did well. This is what dreams are made of, my friends.

MAC Lipstick in 'Brave' (20€)

Oops, I did it again. Well, technically, I didn't.
See, whenever I'm downtown, I spend a good twenty minutes swatching lipsticks at the MAC counter, adding new ones to my wishlist. Well, last time I was there, my Mom decided to add something to my moving-out present, and it was their lipstick in 'Brave'.
'Brave' is a rose toned shade, which is very simple without being plain in the slightest. That makes it a very wearable shade which goes with a lot of my outfits and make up looks - guess this one's here to stay!

Avon Super Shock Mascara (9€)

The one thing you need to know about me is that I do not have eyelashes, I have stumps. That is it.
Sadly, most mascaras I have tested only make my lashes look like the average person's ones, and I have been desperately trying to find one that added both volume and lenght to them.
This one is the first one to do both - the formula works to add an insane amount of lenght to my lashes - we're talking about more than double of their normal lenght - while also making them look thicker.
The only negative feeling I have regarding this is that the wand picks up way too much product, so I have to get rid of any excess product before applying it in order to keep my lashes from clumping together, which does take a few minutes.


What have you been loving this month?

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig