Sunday, March 27, 2016

Milka Easter Cupcakes | Lifestyle

Happy Easter you guys!

I love myself some baking, I always have, so I usually like to whack out something special once holiday seasons roll around. When I was brainstorming for what I could try out for my family's annual Easter bash, I stumbled upon Lauren's recipe for cupcakes - Lauren, for those of you that don't know, is an insanely gifted baker whose creations make me swoon regularly.

Because I loved the look of her cupcakes so much, I based mine on them - I tinkled around a little and added some personal touches here and there, and boom, the Milka Easter Cupcakes were born!
The response to the picture I posted of them on Twitter was so huge that I decided to share the recipe even though it's technically Easter Sunday already - hey, maybe you could use up your leftover Easter eggs to make these?


To make these, you will need:

Cupcakes:
- 2 large eggs
-115g flour
- 115g caster sugar
-115g non-salted butter
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 baking powder
- 2 Milka Mini Eggs (I used the 'Confetti' ones)

Buttercream:
- 115g Butter
-175g icing sugar, sifted
- 50g melted Milka chocolate

Decoration:
- 10 Milka Mini Eggs (I used the 'Confetti ' ones)


Method:

Cupcakes

1) To make your cupcakes, place all of the ingredients but the chocolate eggs into a mixing bowl and whisk for around two minutes so you'll have a well combined, smooth mixture.
2) Now, chop the two chocolate eggs into small pieces and add them to your cupcake mixture. Then whisk for another minute.
3) Place an even amount of your mixture into 10 cupcake cases.
4) Bake on the middle shelf of a preheated oven 190 c/170 c fan for twenty minutes - once that time is over, use a coctail stick to check whether your cakes are done - stick it into a cupcake, if some dough sticks to the stick when you pull it out, then your cakes aren't done yet!

Buttercream

1) Whisk 115g of butter until it's very fluffy - the amount of time depends on how fast your whisk can go, really - then add 175g of icing sugar into the same bowl.
2) Following that, add your melted chocolate into the bowl and whisk for another two to three minutes.
3) Once your cupcakes have cooled down, you can pipe the buttercream onto them using a piping bag.
4) To finish the look of your cupcakes off, now slice your remaining chocolate eggs into two halves - you might want to heat your knife up using hot water before doing this so the eggs won't curmble in the process - and add two each to the top of your cakes.


And that's it! These are actually very easy to make, and for the most part very fuss-free - and they're super delicious as well, especially if you love chocolate as much as I do!


Do you like baking? If so, did you bake anything special for the holidays?
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad they turned out so nice :) x

      Delete
  2. These look amazing! I really want to make some now. Which type of flour did you use?

    Hannah xx
    www.hannahemilylane.com | Most recent post: My blogging process

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, I'm glad you asked - I completely forgot to state that! I used self-raising flour.
      Let me know how they turn out if you do end up making them! :)

      Delete
  3. They look amazing! I love to bake too but I normally don't do much as I don't have time or I'm not bothered. Nice post!
    Róisín
    totallyro.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, school makes me lack in the time department as well, so I was glad to have some time off to play around with these :)

      Delete
  4. Great cupcakes! Lovely idea to put milk in the buttercream :)

    www.shanaliexo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! Tell me how they turn out, I'd love to know! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look so yummy (aaah the diet is not going well right now), I'm so glad you've used an alternative to cream eggs as I don't really like those!
    xx Katherine Rosie | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig