Wednesday, March 23, 2016

A Healthy Pancakes Recipe | Lifestyle


I've been trying to eat healthier during the past couple weeks, especially because I've been dealing with a lot of outbreaks and general redness of my skin.
But, me being, I obviously didn't want to give up on some of my favorite foods completely, so I've been experimenting while cooking a lot and I feel like I've come up with the perfect recipe for a healthier version of my favorite pancakes.

I asked on Twitter whether anyone was interested in me sharing that recipe on my blog, and because the response was so positive, here I am!

To serve four people, you will need these ingredients:

- 4 big eggs
- 400ml/13 fl. oz. of (lactose) free milk - lactose free is optional, but as milk makes me feel bloated I like using it
- 100ml/ 3 fl. oz water
- 400g/ 14 ounce of flour
- 100g/ 3,5 ounce of sugar
- one packet of vanilla sugar
- a few drops of sunflower oil
- an apple
- any fruit you'd like as a topping - I went for one banana



1) To start off, place milk, water, flour, sugar as well as vanilla sugar in a mixing bolw.

2) Then, seperate the eggs - put the egg whites into a sepearte, smaller mixing bowl, while the egg yolks go into the first one.

3) Following that, you will want to whisk the egg whites until stiff.

4) Now you can start to whisk the ingredients in your first mixing bowl for around two minutes so that they appear well combined.
 After that, you add in the stiff egg whites and whisk the whole thing for another minute.

5) To finish off your pancake mixture, you now skin an apple, chop it up into very small dices and mix it into your already prepared mixture.

6) At this point, you're finally ready to actually cook your pancakes!
To do so, turn your stove on medium heath and heat some drops of sunflower oil in a pan. Once the oil appears to be hot, add a small amount of your pancake mixture into the pan.

7) You'll want to check the bottom side of your pancake very frequently to make sure that it turns a nice shade of brown and doesn't burn - once that bottom side is well-done, flip your pancake to fry the upper side of it as well!

8) Once your pancakes are completely done, it's time to add your topping of choice - I went for slices of banana because that's all we had left. (Being an adult and remembering to go grocery shopping is hard.)
I bet these would taste delicious with various kinds of berries or other fruit as well!


Et violà - there you have some semi-healthy pancakes! I know that they're not completely fit for clean-eating or anything, as there's still some sugar in them - but they're definitely a healthier option to your typical nutella filled pancakes or crepes.
Even if you don't want to add any topping to your pancakes, you will still be able to taste the apple you added to your pancake mixture - it adds a nice


Have you developed or found a great recipe recently? If so, please share it with me, I'm always on the lookout for new things to try!
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. who does not love pancake ?!
    gonna try it!! pancake + banana xx
    wellwellgirls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig