Wednesday, March 9, 2016

All Used Up | Empties #4

I don't know about you, but I always feel a little too proud of myself whenever I manage to finish a product up. I've acquired such a pile of all kinds of beauty products over time that using one of them up completely actually feels like somewhat of accomplishment.

I've realized that I haven't posted about my empties ever since all the way back in September, so now that I had a fair few of them collecting dust in my drawer, I decided it was finally time to talk about them on here!


Marc Jacobs 'Daisy Dream' EdT (89€)

I've lusted after this parfume for such a long time before my Mom got for me last May, and I managed to wear it almost every day until late January.
This is easily my favorite perfume ever and it has become my signature scent - I've had several people tell me that they think of me whenever they smell it. It's a very unique scent as it's both fruity and floral at the same time - some of the main notes include blackberry, wysteria, pear and jasmine.
What I really liked about it that it isn't heavy overpowering, but being a lighter scent this sadly didn't stick around for as long as I would've liked it to - after two to three hours, most of it will have disappeared.

Would I repurchase?

I've received three different perfumes for Christmas, so I feel like splurging out on this one would be a waste of money at the moment because it isn't exactly the most affordable one out there.
However, I did love this perfume more than any other I've ever owned, so once I've used up all the ones lingering around on my dressing table, I will definitely repurchase it.


Rimmel 'Stay Matte' Powder  in 'Translucent' (5,30€)

Hitting pan in a pressed powder is always an achievement in itself, but I basically licked this powder clean, that's how much I liked it - I even wrote an entire review on it, which you can find here.
Having a rather oily T-Zone, this helped me keep my foundation from sliding down my face throughout the day - without making it go cakey or making me look like I got chalk all over my face, even though I'm using the lightest shade of it.

Would I repurchase?

I already have! I'm not using it as much at the moment as my skin is not as oily throughout the colder seasons, but once it gets warmer, this will become a staple in my make up routine again!


Garnier Micellar Water (4,90€)

This one's a familiar face to my empties series, basically because I go through this stuff at high-speed.
I used to take off my make up with make up wipes before I discovered this product, but they would always break me out - no more of that now!
I've been using this for over a year now, and it has never caused any irritations, it's very gentle on the skin and works very well so you don't have to drag the cotton pads you use it with over your face.
What's also nice is that they do an extra version for acne prone skin, which is the one I'm using.

Would I repurchase?

As I already mentioned, this is my holy grail when it comes to removing my make up - I would never use anything else! I already have reserves of it waiting in my bathroom cupboards.


Rimmel 'Wake Me Up' Foundation (12€)

Much like Garnier's Micellar Water, this foundation is a firm favorite of mine.
For one, it's one of the very few foundations on the market, and quite possibly the only drugstore one, to match my pale skin tone - bless Rimmel for catering for us pale people, I'll never have to look orange again.
And on top of that, its formula is amazing as well. It's so lightweight that you don't even feel like you're wearing anything on your face at all, and its dewy finish is just the right 'pick-me-up' for when my skin's looking dull, which is most of the time.

Would I repurchase?

Now, this is where I thought I'd be all adventurous and broaden my foundation horizonts, so I opted for Rimmel's 'Match Perfection' foundation instead of repurchasing this one, but joke's on me, because it made me break out real bad.
So, judging by the fact that I'm not too keen on any more allergic reactions, I just placed my order for my good ol' friend Wake Me Up a few hours ago.


Blistex 'Classic' Lip Balm (1,29€)

This lip balm is actually one of those products that I would've never gotten myself because I simply overlook them while shopping, but my Mom uses a lot. So when she gave it to me because I had forgotten my lip balm at home one day, I liked it so much that I accidentally kept it. Sorry Mom, I'm literally the Bermuda Triangle where all of your stuff ends up.
This bad boy is great because it keeps my lips soft for hours, which is quite the challenge, and on top of that, it has a really lovely, light smell.
And then there's the fact that it costs just a little more than one Euro, which is nuts if you ask me.

Would I repurchase?

Not at the moment, because I'm currently using Blistex's lip relief cream as my lips are being very problematic at the moment - I mentioned that one in my February favorites, it's amazing as well!


Have you used up any products lately?

SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I love the Micellar water too!!! It's now my go-to item!! =)

    Melanie | Blog: Toots + Dill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's absolutely amazing! I've raved about it so much that some of my friends started using it themselves :) x

      Delete
  2. I am the exact same when it comes to hitting pan on a product no matter how cheap or expensive it is. Looking forward to your next post!
    Róisin
    totallyro.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, your comment really made my day - all of your comments do, actually. It's so nice to know that there are people out there who actually care about what I put out on the internet! :')

      Delete
  3. Wake Me Up foundation by Rimmmel is my holy grail product! I love the finish it give and how lightweight the formula feels on the skin. The next product I need to try out from this range is definitely Wake Me Up concealer. Judging the hype around it, it's a great product too.
    Have a lovely day x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used up my bottle of Mark Jacobs daisy dream recently and I loved it x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig