Wednesday, March 30, 2016

March Favorites | Beauty


I've been saying it for the past two months and I'll say it again - I can't believe just how quickly this year has been flying by! It feels like yesterday when I got onto a bus for a trip to Weimar on the 2nd of March, but that's actually almost a month ago. I feel a little weird realising that.

Anyways, time to stop being soppy. To me, March marks the beginning of spring, but somehow Germany had different plans - it only started getting warmer and sunny at last during the past week.
Now would be the point where I'd explain that during spring, I like to wear a lot more pinks, which is still true, but if you've been following be for the past two months you might know that I've been struggling with quite the severe skin condition - I'll get into that later - and that also shows in my favorites. So let's get into them!


Mario Badescu Drying Lotion (25€)

Onto that nice little skin condition of mine - I'm still clueless as to what caused it as I've been waiting to get a doctor's appointment for weeks, but I'm sure it's hormones. I've had huge, rash-like breakouts around my mouth for almost two months now. Nice image there for you - sorry.  I mentioned in my review of Lush's 'Don't Look At Me' mask how they'd gotten better, but they came back twice as bad.

I was quite sceptical about using acne products, mostly because I've had more than enough negative experiences with them to last me a life time. When I heard about this one, though, I just had to try it because I've never seen so many rave reviews!

Thank God I did, because it has improved my skin's state so much that, for the first time in two months, I feel alright not wearing make up.
You apply this to your pimples and red areas and leave it on over night, and when you get up in the morning, they will have shrunken in size immensly, smaller ones often are gone completely!

I thought long and hard about purchasing this because it is pretty pricey, but the results it helped me achieve, especially as my skin doesn't seem to get worse, are absolutely worth that money!


KIKO Infinity Eyeshadow in '220 Metallic Golden Rose' (6,90€)

I make no secret of the fact that I love KIKO's Infinity Eyeshadow range - it includes such a huge variety of gorgeous shades of great quality for a relatively small price.

I picked up '220 Metallic Golden Rose' when I was out shopping with my friends sometime in winter, and because I missed the warmer seasons so much, I thought it'd be a great idea to buy a nice pink-ish shade for when spring comes. Done deal. Only that I threw it into a drawer and forgot about it. Classic.
I rediscovered it when I was looking for an eyeshadow I could wear for around Easter, and when I do get to do my make up, I don't wear any eyeshadow but this one, I love it that much.

'220 Metallic Golden Rose' is, as the name suggests, a rosey shade with tiny specks of golden glitter running through it, making it shimmer.
I've found that while it isn't as pigmented as some of the other shades I've tried, it still lasts almost all day long, even when you don't use any eyeshadow primer, which is super practical if you, like me, are constantly busy running about town.


Neutrogena Unperfumed Hand Cream (4,99€)

Back to the topic of "what the hell is my skin playing at", besides the pretty outbreaks, I also struggled with insanely dry and irritated hands this month. You could say it was a handful. (Admit it, you at least smiled at that.)

I tried several hand creams I had lying around in my drawers, but all of them left my hands looking, and especially feeling, worse. At one point, the skin was completely torn open and bleeding.
I was frantic, so when I stumbled upon this hand cream by Neutrogena while in my local drugstore, I decided to give it a go, because how much worse could my skin get?

I think it worked as well as it did because it is unperfumed, so there really wasn't anything in there that could irritate my skin.
After just a few uses, my skin was a lot less dry and my little wounds had closed up. After around three days, my skin had almost healed completely and didn't show any signs of dryness!
Much like the Mario Badescu drying lotion, it is pretty high in price, but it works so well that if I was struggling with dry hands again, I'd happily bite that bullet.


Zoeva 322 Brow Line Brush (9,99€)

I already mentioned how much I adored Zoeva's brushes in my last favorites (if you're interested in those, you can find them here), but for some reason I completely brainfarted and forgot to include my favorite brush of all time.

I've seen a lot, and I mean a lot, of bloggers rave about the '322 Brow Line' brush, and I can definitely see why. Before I received this for my birthday, I always used an eyeshadow brush to fill in my brows, and it looked about as horrible as it sounds.
This, hoewever, easily helps your create the most precise brows ever!

What I also love about Zoeva as a company is that all of their products are vegan-friendly, so if you're looking to pick up some great quality, animal-friendly brushes, you're in for a treat with Zoeva!


KIKO 'Romance & Desire' Eau De Toilette Roll-On

Because of just how bad my skin was, I wanted to avoid anything that could possibly irritate it, which meant I not only stopped using make up, but also perfume almost entirely.

When I did feel like I needed a little something, however, I stayed away from 'normal', spray-on perfume and went back to my KIKO roll-on, which I received in their 'Romance & Desire' scented for Christmas.
You guys know I suck at describing scents, but to me this smells very feminine - very sweet and sensual, with notes of caramel, vanilla and sandalwood.

I was suprised by how longlasting this is! Even though it technically isn't a high-end perfume, it lasts for several hours, longer than some insanely expensive perfumes I've tried, so this definitely is a hidden treasure!


What products - or others things as well - have you been loving in March?
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Oh I love the shade of the eye shadow! Just so pretty! And sorry to hear about your terrible skin condition, you should definitely consult a doctor! Feel better Franzi! 😊
    https://flauntsite.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right, it's gorgeous! I got a doctor appointment yesterday - it's at the end of May. I'm so angry that you have to wait so long for a simple appointment here! x

      Delete

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig