Friday, March 25, 2016

Home Décor Wishlist | Lifestyle

Ever since I moved into my own flat last spring, I've been really into interior design. And by really into I mean that I collect magazines and browse IKEA's website for hours on a daily basis. I sound like a teenage version of my Mom, oh my life.
And because I love comming up with new ideas and concepts on how to decorate my small space, I was very excited when I was contacted by UncommonGoods to check out their products.

UncommonGoods, for all of you that don't know, is a New York based retailer that features unique jewelery, designer décor, tabletop items and handcrafted gifts - most importantly, all of which were created without any harm done to either animals or people.
Ever since the company's launch all the way back in 1999, they've been following their mission of providing a platform for artists and designer - half the products they sell are handmade.

I was amazed by the concept behind this company - they offer gorgeous, cruelty-free decór items, most of which are handmade and include recycled materials.
The best thing about their products, however, is that there is a story behind each and every one of them, which you can read up on while browsing their website!

While doing exactly that, I stumbled upon so many amazing décor pieces that I felt like I couldn't not share them with you guys - if you, like me, are looking for some inspiration on little pieces that'll add a lot of personality to your flat, you're in for a treat!



I feel like, out of all the different categories of products UncommonGoods offer, their prints definitely stand out the most - if you're interested in seeing more of them, you can check them out here.
I fell in love with this one right in the moment I saw it - I've been looking for a world map to cover a huge bare wall in my bedroom for some time now, and this one featuring flowers as countries is absolutely dreamy.


For someone who owns as many books as I do, bookends are such a sweet, creative way to display them - how come I don't own more than one?
I was actually overwhelmed by the variety of bookends I was greeted by when browsing - you can check them out here - but this one that includes a mother giraffe and its baby was just too cute to pass up. It actually made me squeal out loud.
I need it. Desperately.


Now, my inner blogger definitely urged me to put these three pillows into the shopping basket right away, chanting "buy them, buy them", but I stayed strong. Mostly because my bank balance wouldn't be able to take any more damage this month.
Now, joking aside, this trio of pillows is absolutely adorable, and for sure an eyecatcher! They'd sit super nicely on my sofa, adding a bit of my personality to my living room.


This actually made me laugh out loud when I first saw it - have you ever seen a décor item that is any more me?  In case you don't know, I have a bad habit of swearing a little too much in my free time - I somehow manage to control my toungue while at school and work, but once I come home, it sort of does its own thing. Whoops.
This would come in really handy for my desk because I constantly have several sheets of paper floating around there - and it definitely is a hilarious conversation starter!


This piece of art is nothing short of breathtaking.
It contains light and dark sand which shifts into all kinds of landscapes once you rotate the glass ring - that's one of the most innovative décor items I've ever seen!
It also appears to have a very calming, natural presence, according to people who have bought it, so this would be a really nice addition to an office space.


Picking back up on the travelling vibes I started off with when I added the world map to this list - how adorable are these cork globes? There's a mini and a large size to these, so you could make use of these in smaller spaces as well!
They don't just look cute, though, but you can also actually track your travels in three-dimensional style with color-coded pushpins, so this could come in really handy as I'm travelling more than ever this year!


If you follow me on any of my social media, you will know that I'm a very positive and optimistic person, so this lovely print here is right up my street.
I love the way this saying is fittingly framed with pretty flowers, and I'm a big fan of its message - that one should always look for beauty, no matter one's surroundings.


Yet another item that very much fits my personality. These pillows are made by the same lovely lady as the camera ones I mentioned earlier, and they are equally adorable. There were actually quite a few other ones that I adored, but this list would have been absolutely endless - you can find all the other cute pillows they offer over here.
I'm now having the internal struggle of trying to work out which would go better with my living room's color scheme. I want them all. Dang.


While it is specifically stated on the website that these should not be used to serve food, how great would this be to display little knick-knacks or to keep all of your jewelery in one place?
What I love about these bowls is that you can actually chose the record your bowl will be made out of, so this would also be a perfect option for a personalized gift!


Now that's quite the long wishlist I've managed to mount there, huh?
Obviously, I could never cover all of the amazing products I stumbled upon while browsing UncommonGoods' website, but if I got you interested in their décor items, you can go here to check them out.

Have you picked up any decorative items for your home lately? If so, make sure to share them with me!


*This post contains sponsored links, however, all of the opinions I voiced are completely my own.
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I'm pretty obsessed with homeware, I will definitely have to check out their website! I especially love the deep sea sand art and cork globes :)

    Hannah xx
    www.hannahemilylane.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like my taste, haha. Those two are definitely unique :) x

      Delete
  2. I didn't know you live on your own. That's really interesting! Nice post.
    Róisín
    totallyro.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I still live in the same apartment complex as my parents, but I have my own flat. And thank you! :)

      Delete
  3. The deep sea sand art is absolutely stunning. I would love something like that for my home. Love the sound of this company! x

    Kate Louise Blogs

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig