Friday, April 15, 2016

Travel Bucket List #2 | Lifestyle

Now that the warmer seasons are more or less onto us - less in case you live some place where the weather is equally shitty as it is in Germany - it's time for me to start dreaming about visiting far-away places again.

I'm in love with travelling, I probably enjoy visiting foreign countries and learning about their culture and history more than anything else. I'm not at all well-travelled, however, because I've always depended on my parents getting time off work, which basically never happend. So we always stuck with family holidays at places not too far away from home, and now I'm left feeling like I haven't seen any of the world yet.

But as I'm lucky enough to be able to visit three different destinations this year, including Rome, which I've dreamt of seeing ever since I was a little girl, I decided it was time for me to share a new edition of my travel bucket list! (I also did one last year, which you can check out here.)
Tokyo:

How absolutely insane is Tokyo? It's everything you could want from a city - a lot of beautiful nature and gorgeous parks, skyscrapers, breathtaking shrines, so much amazing food.

And then there's the general overwhelming cuteness that is everywhere. I don't know about you, but shopping passages and centers just look so much more appealing in Tokyo than they do over here.
I've also always wanted to visit Tokyo Disney, so if I ever go there that is a must-see for me as well!
Amsterdam:

If I see any place that is on this list, it'll definitely be Amsterdam. For one, it is only a couple hundred kilometers away from where I live, and secondly it would love to invite my Mom there for a few days.

To me, Amsterdam is the perfect mix between relaxation and culture. You could ride a bike around the city, enjoy a walk in a park or take a canal cruise - but there's also so many museums and other historical sites to explore, like the famous Anne Frank house. This would be perfect for a three or four day trip when you just need some days away from home to clear your mind.


[source]

Sydney:

Australia has always fascinated me, and ever since a couple of people who graduated from my school last year spent a year in Sydney, I was sold. I knew I had to see it for myself some day.

This would be a lovely place to visit in either fall or winter as it'd give me an opportunity to escape the cold and rain, which I hate, to lots of sunshine and heat, which I like a lot better.
It'd also make for a lot of culture and sightseeing combined with enjoying the sun at some beautiful beaches - a perfect mix!
I wouldn't even mid getting lost downtown here as there would be so many different things to awe me.


Los Angeles

Ah, Los Angeles. How many things I've heard about you.
Seriously, I probably see this city on TV every single day, but I've never experienced it for myself - and I so desperately want to! It's second only to New York on the list of American cities I want to visit.

I'd love to take a few snaps in front of the Hollywood sign - don't call me basic, I know you'd do it as well - and go on some tours through the city's movie and television studios, see the Walk of Fame, relax at Santa Monica Pier and also go shopping at an actual American mall again. Oh how I miss them - somehow they were so much better in the US than they are here.


Rio de Janiero:

Much like visiting Tokyo, travelling to Rio de Janiero would mean discovering all-new terrain for me because I have actually never ventured outside the continents of Europe and North America!

Obviously, it'd be a dream to visit the city during carnival season to experience the festivities with all their music, dancing and street celebrations, but Rio has a lot of other amazing sights to offer all year round, including some seriously beautiful beaches, gorgeous landscape with all its mountains and a lot of culture - so again, it's the best of both worlds!


What places are on your 'to visit' list?

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig