Friday, April 8, 2016

The Wardrobe Edit #2 | Fashion


I think I have a problem. By this point, I'm pretty much a shopaholic.
I didn't even realize how many new clothes I bought over the past month until I started shooting for this post - I never would've thought it was this many. 

But, as I'm still going with what I started in my first wardrobe edit - investing more in versatile, basic pieces that I can combine with different things - I'm currently telling myself that it isn't quite as bad as it looks. You can never have too many basic shirts, right?





H&M is a bit of a hit-or-miss situation for me - I either don't seem to find anything I like in there for months, or I love almost their entire range. At the moment, it's definitely the latter - all of their spring pieces are so cute, I didn't know what to try on first!

In the end, I took these two tops for 9,99€ each home with me.
The rose one on the left is perfect for spring - both because it's a fitting pastel color and because it's light enough for me not to break a sweat but still doesn't leave me freezing in the mornings. I actually love it so much that I featured it in my recent outfit post!


The khaki shirt is a very different style of clothing - it's a lot more casual and laid back, which is great for when I can't be bothered to get all dressed up for school.
It's super flowy and airy, the cloth feels very soft on the skin which is always lovely, and I also really like the detail that it's quite a bit longer at the back than it is at the front.


Also from H&M, I picked up this basic red top for 4,50€ - there's really not too much to say about this one other than that the pattern adds a nice little touch to an otherwise simple piece of clothing.
I'd look good with both my leather jacket and my cardigan and I could also combine it with several pairs of jeans I own - quite the versatile choice for such a low price!

 

Sticking with the basic pieces, Urban Outfitters has some really great ones to offer at the minute.
What I like about their clothing is that while it is a little more pricey compared to the likes of H&M, he quality is also quite a bit better.

Both of these shirts are made of insanely sleek, smooth material that feels almost like satin on the skin; they're also a little flowy so, like everything I bought, perfect for the warmer seasons.
The red shirt (27€) is a lot more oversized and baggy than the shirts I usually wear, but I liked the way it looked on me in the changing room and decided that it's time for me to step out of my comfort zone a little, so there's a little challenge for me.
The one on the left handside (20€) is much more 'me' - it's a little more fitted (not too much though because no one needs to see my stomach's padding, let's be real) - and on top of that I'm absolutely in love with the shade; the light blue suits my pale skin and is a nice spring-y shade.

 

The only fancy, formal piece of clothing that I added to my wardrobe this month is this blouse from C&A for 25€. I really wish my camera would've picked up its color better in this lighting because even if it doesn't look like it, the blouse is actually the richest, most vibrant shade of blue I've ever seen - I'm really looking forward to styling this for some summer partys this year!

While it looks rather simple at the front, the real party's going on at the back - there's actually a second, black layer of clothing hidden beneath the blue one, which is shown off due to the slit at the back.


And last but not least, the sneakers of dreams. The Nike Air Max Thea TXT in Smoke Purple. Have you ever seen such a pretty shade? I'm head over heels.
I've been eyeing these up and down downtown for a good two months now, but with a price tag of 119,90€, they just weren't a purchase any broke student could've justified.

But my family, being the bunch of wackos they are, pooled money so they could get them for me. They're nuts, and I love them. I feel like a spoilt little kid, but the shoes are so gorgeous that my heart-eyes override the guilt for now.


Have you made any additions to your wardrobe lately?

Bloglovin' | Twitter | Instagram
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Those shoes are amazing! I haven't really bought anything recently! I hate this time of of year in the shops because they can't make their mind up whether they are stocking summer or winter clothes haha. Great post X

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/2016/04/the-blogging-community-why-it-is.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love the shoes, they're my everything at the moment :')
      And I agree with you - some shops stock straight up summer dresses and shorts while others still sell sweaters. I'm so torn!

      Delete

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig