Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Mario Badescu Drying Lotion | Beauty

It's not secret that I don't exactly have great skin. I actually have quite the opposite - I suffered with severe acne for three years, and I still have periods of time when I can hardly look at myself in the mirror without wanting to smash it in. I actually talked about how much I struggle with feeling good in my own skin before, so I won't get too into that now - if you're interested in reading that, you can check it out here.

After struggling with some sort of weird breakout/rash for over two months, you can imagine how desperate I was. None of the products I tried helped my condition, most of them even made it worse, so I was really intrigued when I saw Iva rave about the Mario Badescu Drying Lotion.
Mario Badescu is a company that produces products suited specifically for people struggling with acne, and their Drying Lotion is claimed to get rid of all sorts of spots without doing any harm of skin.

Sounds too good to be true? That's what I thought as well, but apparently miracles do happen.


Even though it's not quite visible in the photo as the ingredients combined while I tried to shoot my flatlay (blogger problems right there), the Drying Lotion actually consist of a translucent fluid and a pink mixture at the bottom.

Application wise, this is a rather easy product.
Once you've placed your bottle on an even surface and its contents have seperated again, you simply use a cotton stick and dab it into the pink mass. Then you apply a generous amount of it right onto any nasty spots you want to get rid of.
Let your skin absorb it over night and wash off with warm water in the morning.

Now to the interesting part - did it really live up to its rave reviews? Totally.
I was amazed by how well this product works for me, especially on whiteheads. It actually got rid of smaller spots pretty much after a one-night use, while it obviously needs to applied a little more often when it comes to bigger blemishes and ones lurking below the surface - but even those will have shrunken after one use and also appear a lot less red than they did the night before.

The only downside to this is that, as the name suggests, it does a lot of its magic by drying out your spots, which also means that as you use it, it may dry out your skin in the process, especially if you use it ever single night, like I do.
If your skin is on the drier side, you should avoid applying this to larger areas and try to apply it precisely to your spots - that way it will not affect the skin around them.


Nonetheless, this is probably the best product for acne I've ever tried.
It's ridiculous how quickly, and especially how effectively, it helped me with battling my breakouts - my entire mouth and nose area was covered in redness and small spots, but now almost all of them have faded without any scaring!

It definitely isn't the cheapest product on the market with a price tag of 25€, but let's be real - it's better to invest some money in some good products that will improve your skin than to save some Euros and end up doing more bad than good.


Have you ever tried a skincare product that changed the game for you? I'd love to know!

SHARE:

5 comments

  1. I've been after a drying lotion for ages ever since my friend showed me her Korean one!
    My acne has basically flared up and taken revenge on my face (yay) and I couldn't find a drying lotion anywhere so I resorted to my dermatologist who told me to use a topical gel and to take some pill that's supposed to work.

    If the dermatologist's recommendations don't work out too well, I'm definitely going to try that lotion!

    Diana
    coffeetalkwithdee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When my acne was at it's worst, the only thing that really helped me in the long term was to take a pill that was specifically designed for women suffering with hormonal breakouts!
      However, if you don't want to take medicine like that (which is totally understandable) this product's definitely a great alternative - let me know if you try it out in the end! x

      Delete
  2. Totally love this! I don't use it all the time because I don't need to but it's awesome when I need it. It totally comes in clutch!

    S .x http://ramblingsofayoungprgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am ordering this asap because it sounds amazing!


    Parie x
    classandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig