Friday, April 22, 2016

Feel Good Movies | Lifestyle

Everyone has those days when you just want to crawl into your bed, hide under a lot of blankets and just forget about all of your responsibilities and your endless to-do list.

I don't know about you, but whenever I had a horrible day and start crying at little things like spilling my drink or burning my food, watching some "feel-good" movies always makes me feel a lot better.
I'm sure there's quite a few movies that'll come to your mind when you feel like you need a little pick-me-up, and because I always love finding new movies to watch and anyway, sharing is caring, I'm going to share my favorite feel-good movies with you guys today!

[source]

1. Finding Nemo

This one came out when I was four years old, and I've been loving it ever since. In case you've never watched it (where have you been?), 'Finding Nemo' tells the story of a clownfish called Marvin who travels the entire Pacific Ocean after his son Nemo disappeared.

It's such a sweet story about family, devotion and downright love that always makes me a bit teary, but thanks to Dori, Martin's companion during his travels, there's so many absolute hilarious lines in this that it makes you laugh a lot as well.
Just because it's a Disney movie, it's not just for kids but rather fit for everyone in my eyes - my parents still like to watch this with me, even if we've already seen it ten times.

2. Pitch Perfect

This one includes music, which always has me sold anyways, but then the music and the story are good as well - what more could you want?
'Pitch Perfect' is about an a cappela group consisting of more or less outcasts at their college that is completely thrown into disarray when Beca, their newest member, falls in love with a member of their rival team.

I love this one especially because it shows that everyone can strive for success, no matter their appearance, popularity or social background - and that by being yourself you always shine brighter.
Also, how can incredible a cappella music not warm your heart?

3. The Intouchables

This is one of my favorite movies of all time.
It's about the friendship between two men who couldn't be any more different: Philippe, a wealthy quadriplegic and Driss, an unemployed man from a very poor family. The two of them meet when Driss applies to be Philippe's caregiver, not really wanting the job but rather just to get a signature so he can prove that he's making an effort to find a job and can keep living off welfare.

What follows is a heartwarming path to a deep, genuine friendship that truly warmed my heart and made me happy-cry a tiny bit, not going to lie.
It's a movie about leaving social boarders behind, living with disability without losing your wit, and obviously, friendship - if you're looking for a movie that'll make you laugh equally as much as it'll make you think about life a little, this one's the one.

4. Mr. Popper's Penguins

I would've never even watched this if it wasn't for my little brother dragging my twelve year-old me into the cinema, but I'm glad I went with him back then.

Basically, it's a comedy movie about a man called Thomas Popper whose father travelled the world and died while exploring Antarctica - what he leaves behind for his son are six penguins. Now imagine a real estate entrepreneur struggling to take care of his two children visiting him for a weekend as well as the chaos six penguins produce? It's both hilarious and adorable.

5. Mean Girls

The obvious. I feel like everyone and their mother has seen this movie and if you haven't, I highly suggest you should because you don't want to miss out on the best teen comedy movie out there. Or at least number one in my heart.

In this one, Cady, a sixteen year-old girl who grew up in Africa enrolls at a public school for the first time after her family returns to the United States. Even though she was warned to not mingle with them, Cady eventually becomes part of the school's most popular clique - the "Plastics", three pretty shallow girls, one meaner than the other.
Being a high school student, this made me laugh out loud a couple of times - at times, it's actually an acurate portrayl of the everyday hell that is a student's life.
There's a lot of great lines, a lot of drama and a bit of romance, completed with a lesson for all of us.

6. The Last Song

Oh man, this movie. It was my ideal summer back when I was eleven.
"The Last Song" ought to be a coming-of-age romantic drama, and it completely forgot about its dramatic aspect while watching every teenage girl's dream of a summer play out on screen, until the whole thing got real sad.

But it's a good kind of sad, a cleansing one, like having a good cry (which you will definitely have while watching this) makes you feel a lot better afterwards, so will this.
After you've wiped away your tears and snot, you'll smile to yourself, because this is the kind of stories that life writes, and they're wonderful.

7. Bend It Like Beckham

Yet another movie I never would've picked up myself, but my English teacher made us watch it last year, and I ended up liking it a lot.
"Bend It Like Beckham" follows the stories of Jules and Jess, two London girls who both love football over everything - but while Jules is thoroughly supported by her parents, Jass' Indian family has forbidden her to play football because she's a girl and should focus on her education.

But Jass stays true to herself and goes behind her parents' backs to join a women's football team, which ends up making it to the top of the league.
This is such an empowering movie that shows you that your gender, or any other factor, for that matter, should hold you back from achieving your dreams - because if you work hard enough, nothing else matters.

8. Ratatouille

Yet another Disney favorite. Don't pass it up just because the main character is a rat because he's literally the cutest thing you'll ever see. And so is the story - this movie even won an Oscar. It's that good.

Much like "Bend It Like Beckham", this is one I'll reach for when I need something empowering, something that will make me feel like I can go out and conquer the world.
Because really, if one little rat can chase his dream of being a chef and turn an entire restaurant upside down, then you can seize all those chances as well.

9. ... and pretty much every other Disney movie.

Disney movies never fail to make me feel all warm and fuzzy - they're the perfect thing to watch in all of life's situations.
There's so many of them that you'll have to find one that appeals to you eventually, and in my eyes they never get boring - you can rewatch them a hundred times and still be in love with them.
They also remind me so much of my childhood - I was a total Disney child, not going to lie - and it's nice to reminisce about times when life was still easier sometimes.


Do you have any movies that you always reach for when you're feeling down?

SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Oh my god, the Last Song is one of my ultimate fave films! I cry everytime! It's so much better than the notebook! Also any Disney film is definitely what I'd recommend too! x

    - Eternalleigh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've actually never watched The Notebook (it feels like a sin), but from what I've heard I think The Last Song definitely lives up to it!
      And Disney's always a good idea anyways ;o x

      Delete
  2. I love Mr Popper's Penguins! It is such a cute and funny movie. Nice post.
    Róisín
    totallyro.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it's the cutest, and I love Jim Carey's acting in it as well. Thank you! x

      Delete
  3. OMG yesss Finding Nemo <3<3 I can't wait for Finding Dory haha. And Mean Girls always cheers me up haha. My favourite film is Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron, it's like a big hug, it makes me cry everytime but it's one of those films that always leaves you happy and warm inside.

    Hannah xx
    www.hannahemilylane.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girl! Love the selection of movies you picked. I especially enjoy Pitch Perfect, as the music is great and the story is compelling, and Bend It Like Beckham. I feel I can relate to the story from an Indian perspective. All the films have heartfelt moments, great picks.

    Tajinder | www.musicgeekonline.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pitch Perfect 2 is probably one of my most favourite films! Whenever I watch it I laugh to tears, LOL x :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pitch Perfect and Mean Girls are brilliant for Duvet days. I also love the Harry Potter films. Not particularly feel good but I always feel better when I've chilled out watching them!

    xxx
    Claire
    http://www.theclairediary.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ratatouille is deeefinitely on miy list! I can watch it so many times and I never get tired of it!
    Jade xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Pitch Perfect! And most Disney movies never fail to make me feel better too! I would probably add The Proposal to that list - I can't count how many times I watched it!

    Amelie | A Wanderer's Adventures

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig