Sunday, April 24, 2016

Pinks For Spring | Beauty

Now that April's almost over, we're very well onto spring - all the trees are blooming and cherry blossoms are flying through the air, the days are getting longer and it sometimes gets so warm that you even dare to crack out a skirt again.

During spring, I always like to re-introduce some color into my make up routine as it's usually rather neutral during winter. Pink shades are ideal for that, but because they can be quite scary and some pink products work better than others, I thought I'd introduce you to some of my favorites.


Lips:

When I wear pink shades, they're usually featured on my lips - pink lippies are the perfect middle between a nude, which I love but sometimes get tired of, and reds, which are reserved for special ocassions. Because of that, I own quite a lot of them, but these are my go-tos!

MAC is the address if you're looking for a very specific shade of pink as they offer such a wide range of shades - two of my favorites, "Kinda Sexy" and "Brave" (both 20€), are actually very different. While "Kinda Sexy" is a lighter, brown-toned nude pink, "Brave" is a deeper berry shade - but both work amazingly well for spring!
KIKO caters for all you lipstick lovers as well - I love the quality of their products, and they're not expensive at all! Their Velvet Mat Satin Lipstick in "602" (6,90€) is the perfect inbetween shade if I don't feel either of my MAC lippies, and it's also the softest formula of a matte lipsitck I've ever tried.
And then the most out-there, and especially out of my comfort zone shade - Rimmel's Kate Moss Lipstick in "16" (7,25€) - it was part of their spring collection last year. I never thought it'd look such a bright shade of pink when I ordered it so I was intimidated by it at first, but it's great for days when I'm feeling brave and want to add a little something to my make up look.

Eyes:

I've stayed off rosey eyeshadows for the longest time because in my eyes, they often make my eyelids look like I have a hot infection going on there, but I've found a few that work for me, so if you too have always been put off by these shades of eyeshadows, you should keep an eye out for these!

If you're more of a palette kind of gal, I highly recommend Urban Decay's Naked 3 Palette (53 €) to you - I know that everyone must be tired of seeing these palettes, but they're seriously my favorite eyeshadows of all time. The quality of these is amazing and you can create so many different looks with them!
If you're looking for single shadows however, KIKO's where it's at. Their Infinity Eyeshadows are super cheap and still work insanely well, and there's so many different shades to chose from - my favorite pinks are "220", a very light, bordering on white pink that also works well as an eyeshadow base, and "224", a darker rosey shade that has flecks of golden glitter running through it.
I also picked up Catrice's Eye'Matic Eyepowder Pen in "020" (3,99€) the other day, which is a shade that could very well be either a glittery pink or purple, but I decided to include it nonetheless - it's really not pricey and the shade is absolutely gorgeous and very well long-lasting!

Face:

Now, I've been struggling to find base products I could include in this post, but there's two awesome blushers and my favorite highlighter that I want to introduce y'all to.

Those blushers include MaxFactor's Pastel Compact Blush in "Nude Mauve" (8,49€), which I've already told you is worth the hype surrounding it - it's a darker mauve shade that can sometimes look a little dark on my fair skin, but that's nothing a little blending can fix.
The other side of the coin are Avon's Blush Pearls (9€). I got these a while back and then completely forgot about them, but I recently fell in love with them again. You just swirl your brush around in the tub to create the perfect shade, then apply the blush to your face. What I love about these is that it's not just a blush that you're applying, there's a little shimmer to the shade as well so it's light a highlighter and a blush in one!
Speaking of highlighter, Essence's Soo Glow! one in "10 Look On The Bright Side" (3,95€) is my go-to. It's a very light champange shade that you apply to your face with your fingers, then blend in. It's very buildable and easy to work with, and pretty long-lasting as well - and you don't have to splurge on this at all!

Nails:

Not too long ago I realised that while I'm the proud owner of a drawer full of nail polishes, there were no pink or rose shades to be found in there - besides a few that had gone off, oops.
Ever since then, I've been keeping an eye out for ones that I could try out, and these are the ones that sticked with me.

P2's Volume Gloss Nail Polish in "530 White Liar" (1,99€) and Essence's The Gel Polish in "35 Engaged" (1,59€) are both light pinks, which I adore for this time of the year. But while they're similar in color and price, I feel like P2 definitely shines regarding quality here - their polish takes ages until it starts chipping!
Manhattan's Last & Shine Polish in "260 Lo-Lo-Love It" (3,49€) is the most gorgeous shade of mauve, and I adore the glossy, shiny finish of the polish, but sadly it isn't quite as long lasting as I'd like it to be. I'll still use it as the color is to die for, but that's a little minus point there.


Do you switch up your make up routine throughout the year? Let me know in the comments!

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Pink is such a pretty colour! These products all look wonderful xo

    emsirose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is - I used to not like it at all but now I adore it! x

      Delete
  2. Omg when you said that rosey eyeshadows usually make you look like you have an infection I was reading it like "YES, ME TOO!". That doesn't stop me wanting the Naked 3 though haha! x

    Kathryn | Chapters of Kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brave is my all time favourite! I haven't tried kinda sexy yet! I want the Naked palette so bad, mines still being shipped but so excited to use it! I haven't tried essence before but will check out their highlighter! xx

    Tamz | http://www.throughneweyesx.com

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig