Sunday, April 17, 2016

The Best Concealer For Blemishes | Beauty

I feel like I'm forever on the hunt for the perfect concealer. I either find one that works great on dark circles but is no use when you're trying to cover spots - like my beloved Erase Paste - or one that creases in my under-eye area likes there's no tomorrow.
And when they're the full package, they never come in a shade that is light enough to match my insanely pale skin. I can never win.

So I was very intrigued when one of my friends told me how much she loved her NYX HD Concealer - she praised it high and low for how well it works for covering blemishes, and because I still am to find one of those that works for me, I decided to test it out!


This concealer comes in nine different shades to suit all kinds of different skin tones, ranging from very light porcelain to even a pretty dark brown, which is basically unheard of for a high-street brand. They also do this concealer in a lavender, yellow and green tone if you're looking for shades to correct different pigmentations

I got Fair, the second lightest shade, mainly because the lightest one was sold out. It's a tad too dark for me as of right now (my face is a little more tan than my hands), but it'll be the perfect match as soon as I've tanned a little more. Sun, where are you? Come out of hiding please.


I've got to say that my friends was right on this one - it is the best concealer I've ever tried when it comes to covering up any form of blemishes. NYX claims it to be medium coverage, but it acts almost as if it was full coverage, no lie - once I've applied this, there is no redness to be seen anywhere!
It also doesn't get patchy or disappear from my face at all; even if I wear it out all day long it only wears off a tiny bit - and we're talking ten-hour days here!

If you're looking for a concealer to cover your dark circles, however, this might not be the one for you.
I've tried to use it on my under-eye area, but it hardly stayed there at all - it started creasing less than an hour after application and slid off my face completely not long after that.
I have no idea why it acted out this much when it worked so well on any other part of my face, but oh well. I already have an incredible concealer to cover those dark beasts, so I'm all good.


So if you're looking for something to cover any redness or blemishes that you might be struggling with, you should definitely give this one a go! The quality you get for the low price of 6.99€ is incredible - I've payed over three times that for concealers that didn't work as well.
For anything other than that, it sadly won't work out as well - but there's quite a few amazing under-eye concealers to be had, like Maybelline's Eraser Eye or Benefit's Erase Paste!


What is your holy grail concealer? Please let me know in the comments so I can check it out!

Bloglovin' | Twitter | Instagram
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Nice post! I really want to try out that concealer now as I want to try out a new one soon. I will need to keep an eye out for it.
    Róisín
    totallyro.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely give it a go, it's awesome! If you do, let me know how you like it :) x

      Delete
  2. I've been looking for a new concealer lately, may just have to check this one out! Lovely post xx

    acalculatedmess.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could point you into the right direction! And thank you :) x

      Delete
  3. I bought this concealer last weekend and, oh my word, it's probably the best one I've ever tried!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same goes for me, it's the first one that really works well with my skin! x

      Delete
  4. I've been looking for a good concealer, I may have to try this!

    -Abigail
    abigails-stuff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Guter Eintrag!! Ich mag deinen Beitrag wirklich und liebe diesen Concealer. Überprüfen Sie mehr über Concealer.

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig