Friday, August 19, 2016

Make Up for When You're Going Away


I like using a broad variety of the make up I own, especially when it comes to eye and lip products - I have two drawers full of those that I can use every single day, so there's plenty of choices while I'm at home.

When I'm travelling, however, I can hardly bring all my drawers full of make up with me. I need to cut it down to the bare essentials if I don't want to end up with excess baggage, which can be quite difficult for me - and I can imagine that a lot of other beauty lover feel the same way; and that's why I want to share the make up I tend to pack for my trips with you guys today!



When it comes to face products, I tend to only pack a fair few, especially during summer when I wear a lot less make up as it would just close up my pores or slide off my face thanks to the heat.

For days when I'll feel like I need a little more coverage, I'm taking Maybelline's Pure 8-in-1 BB Creme in 'Light' with me as it feels extremely light on the skin but still covers minor spots or redness - same applies for MAC's Mineralize Skinfinish Natural Powder in 'Light Plus', which works just as well but isn't as thick and harsh on the face.
To take care of my dark under-eye circles, I'm packing MAC's Mineralize Concealer in 'NW20', and if any other blemishes need fixing, I'm taking NYX's HD Concealer in 'Fair'.

On days when I want to dash out and add a little something to my face, I'm also taking Avon's blush pearls and Essence's Blogger's Bronzing and Highlighting palette with me.



As far as eye products go, I'm lying low even more than I am on the face products just because I will only need them for a night out or a fancy dinner, so stacking up on them for my travels woudln't be wise.

The one essential when it comes to my eyes is the Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara, which is my absolute favorite mascara and the one product I'll always wear, even if I don't have the nerve to put on anything else. The Shape and Shade Eye Contouring palette is a close second to the mascara - not filling in my eyebrows comes close to a deadly sin; and what's especially great about this palette is that all products can be used on both the brows and the lids!

Besides that, three of my favorite single eyeshadows also made my suitcase - KIKO's single shadows in '220' and '224' (which have sadly been discontinued) as well as light, glittery rose one by PS...Love, Primark's beauty brand, which sadly doesn't seem to have a certain name.



As you might've realized, lip products are the one area where I just cannot cut it down to a few products - I like to take a broad variety so I can always have a lippy that matches my outfit, even if it means taking five nude lipsticks with me. Don't judge me.

The four lipsticks that made the cut are all by MAC - 'Kinda Sexy', 'Fanfare', 'Brave' and 'Viva Glam II'; almost all of which are pink shades and perfect for the summer!
 Besides that, I'm also taking three glosses - Maybelline's Vivid Matte Liquid Lipstick in '05 Nude Flush', Essence's XXL Longlasting Velvet Matte Lipgloss in '05 Velvet Rose' and NYX's Soft Matte Lip Creme in 'Abu Dhabi'; so you could technically say that they'll be my go-tos for nude lips.
To finish it off, two lip liners I cannot go without during summer - KIKO's Smart Lip Pencil in '702', an incredible fuchsia pink and the light nude pink P.S...Love lip liner in the shade '01'.


I'm not too fuzzy when it comes to taking make up brushes with me - I often apply my make up using my fingers, so I don't need to have too many with me anyways. My Beauty Blender, however, is an absolute must as it works wonders when it comes to applying my MAC powder.

For applying eyeshadow, my holy-grail brushes are Zoeva's 223 and 235 - I can make eye make up work just fine with these two by themselves, so I don't even bother packing all my other eye brushes.
For applying blush, I'm taking the Zoeva 128 one with me and for blending their 104.
The only other brush that comes into the bag is their infamous 322 Browline brush, which is the only eyebrow brush that has ever worked for me.



Do you have any beauty essentials you always have to have with you when travelling?

If you liked this post and want to be updated on fresh content regularly, why not follow me on Bloglovin'?
You can find me on TwitterPinterest and Instagram as well!
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. I love all of your picks in this especially that Essence palette, it looks gorgeous! x

    Kate// katerosexo1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love everything you've chosen! I always take way too much makeup on holiday with me and then end up not wearing any at all, haha. Also I really liked your photography on this post! xx

    http://acalculatedmess.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amy! I'm the same, in only ended up using maybe 20% of all these products, haha.
      And thank you so much, hearing that means a lot to me. Photography really isn't my strong point but I've been working to improve it. :) x

      Delete
  3. Great post! I really want to try some Zoeva brushes:)

    Emily xo
    www.emilynewstead.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig