Sunday, August 21, 2016

How to Take Care of Your Tan

I love summer - the warmth, all the free time on my hand, spending as much time outside as I possibly can. And you know what comes with all of these three things I you lined up - a gorgeous tan.

As I'm naturally very pale - and I'm talking my teachers ask me whether I'm ill kind of pale - I always look forward to tanning which will help me look a little healthier and give my skin that little bit of extra glow.

Tanning is fairly easy. You rub some sunscreen into your skin, sit down or walk around in a sunny or even shadowy spot and even after a few hours, you've got yourself a nice little tan going.

While I think we're all aware of how tanning works, many might not know how to take care of their tan properly to make it look good and last for as long as it possible - and because of that, I thought I'd share some of my tips and tricks on how to properly take care of a tan with you guys today!



1. Use a skin scrub before going on holiday.

The human skin continuously renews itself - it completes its "cycle of renewal" every 28 to 30 days -and it will continue to do so after you've acquired your well-deserved tan.

To avoid going on holiday mid skin-cycle and possibly losing your tan earlier than you want to, you should exfoliate your skin using a skin scrub, preferably one that with a herbal or sugary basis.
By exfoliating your skin before leaving for your trip, you'll ensure that your skin is fresh and new and only slowly starting to renew itself when yous start tanning, which means you'll get to keep your tan for longer.


2. Drink water directly after spending time tanning.

Tanning might not only make you feel dizzy, it will also make you feel really dry and dehydrate your skin a lot.
Due that, you should always drink plenty of water after a tanning session and also remember to drink while you're still lying in the sun.



3. M-o-i-s-t-u-r-i-ze.

Directly after tanning, apply moisturizer to your skin to help it cool down and regain its moisture - using an after-sun lotion is even better as most of those products contain ingredients like aloe vera which make them feel lighter on the skin and help it stay cool even more.

If you're on holiday and more or less tanning at all times, you should also mosturize your skin twice a day - preferably in the morning and at night - on top of that to assure that your skin is hydrated and healthy.


4. Take breaks between tanning sessions.

I think everyone will know that tanning can really wear your and leave you feeling tired and in the worst case, even ill, so taking breaks between extensive tanning sessions is an absolute must.

It will not only protect your brain from possibly being cooked inside your head and giving you a sun stroke, but it'll also give your skin a much needed break. Exposing it to the sun for too long may damage it severly which would show in a sunburn or blistered skin; besides that, it also raises your risk for skin cancer - so to prevent all of these things, you should definitely leave several hours between long tanning sessions; even more if your skin has been damaged already,


Do you have any tricks when it comes to looking after your tan?

If you liked this post and want to be updated on fresh content regularly, why not follow me on Bloglovin'?
You can find me on TwitterPinterest and Instagram as well!
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Lovely post! I'm also really pale, but started using St Tropez in the shower tanning. It's pretty good and doesn't stain the clothes or bed sheets :-) It's not strong, but gives me a healthier glow since I'll never tan much living in the UK :-)

    londondamsel.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig