Monday, August 1, 2016

But Is It Really Better Than Sex?


You might have noticed that I've been a bit - or quite - absent from my blog during the last week or two, and I'm really sorry about that. That was due to a nasty computer virus that literally took my laptop apart, so I had to give it away to have it fixed - it seriously broke my heart. I wish I was kidding.

However, I've got something really exciting to tell you about today.
Technically, most of you will probably have heard of Too Faced's 'Better Than Sex Mascara' by now because a ton of bloggers have been raving about it, but as Too Faced products aren't available here in Germany I've always admired the mascara from afar.

When I went to Rome, however, I managed to snatch the last one in Sephora (if you're interested in finding out about all the other cool stuff I picked up on my trip, you can find it here.)
During the past month, I've been testing it and noting down my thoughts so I can now break it down to you - is it really as great as the hype makes us believe?




The first thing I noticed while using this mascara for the first time was its wand, which is definitely out of the ordinary as it is a little wider at the bottom and top, a shape of wand that I haven't come across yet.

The wand does make application harder, at least during your first few tries - you do learn how to handle this, but it takes time and a few smudges.
Talking smudges, I also have to mention that the wand picks up quite a lot of the product, which means that you should carefully get rid of any excessive product if you don't it to clump your lashes,


I feel like I have, up to this point, only been moaning about the Better Than Sex Mascara, which I didn't even intend to do!
I just had to get all of the small issues I've had with it out of the way at first because even though they are there, the effect this has on my eyelashes is definitely worth it.

If you're no stranger to me and my blog, you'll know how much I love my Maybelline Lash Sensational because that mascara was the first one that made me look like I actually had long, full lashes.
However, Too Faced's mascara does the job almost twice as well, especially when used with an eyelash curler - with just one coat, my lashes double in lenght! Another coat lenghtens them even more - however, I wouldn't advise applying a third layer of the product as it will clump your lashes together sooner or later.

Longevity wise, this mascara is alright.
It lasts on my lashes half a day - incase I do remember that I'm wearing make up and don't rub it away - but after that, it does tend to disappear more and more as time progresses, especially on hotter day - but it doesn't leave any fallout, for some reason. Just dissolves into nothing.
Well, at least it doesn't give me panda eyes, so who am I to complain, huh?


Overall, this a through and through good product, even though it has some minor weaknesses. It's not as flawless as the hype surrounding it makes us believe, but if you can look over the few issues you might experience with this, you'll still love it nonetheless.

At a price tag of 23€ it is definitely not a beauty product you'll buy for yourself light-heartedly - even though it gives you amazing results, you might want to have this applied at Sephora for you to find out whether it's something you'll want to splurge on.


What is your favorite mascara? I'd love it if you let me know in the comments!

If you liked this post and want to be updated on fresh content regularly, why not follow me on Bloglovin'?
You can find me on TwitterPinterest and Instagram as well!
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Nice post! I have heard so much about this mascara and I can't believe that Too Faced isn't in Germany. If you ever get a chance to buy anything else from the brand I recommend Chocolate Bar Eye Shadow Palette, the shadows are amazing and it smells like chocolate.
    Róisín
    totallyro.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard so many great things about the Chocolate Bar Palette and it looks absolutely amazing, I might have to buy it next time I have acess to the brand - it really sucks that it's not available here! :c

      Delete
  2. Nice post. I really want to try this mascara and I love the lash sensational mascara so if this one does an even better job I really need to buy a tube!

    www.beautylifebecca.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my eyes, it works even better for me than the Lash Sensational does - it's an absolute miracle!

      Delete

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig