Wednesday, August 3, 2016

July Beauty Favorites

I'm a litttle late to the party. Well, this is awkward.
I'm so used to posting my beauty favorites on the last or second to last day of the month that typing this on the 3rd of August makes me feel a little weird, and a little sad for having been so undisciplined when it came to blogging last month.

The last sentence pretty much sums up my July - I was finally free of all my exams and thus decided to enjoy every free second life threw at me, which happened to be a lot of seconds.
Good for my internal peace, not quite so good for my blog. Also not so for my bank account either as I finally had the time to hit the shops downtown and check out some new beauty products.

I also re-discovered some old summer favorites of mine, and this is how my following favorite beauty products from the month of July came to be!



MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural Powder in 'Light Plus' (32€)

I never even intended to buy this when I ventured into my local MAC store, but I'm so glad the lovely  shopping assistant decided to do my make up for me when I asked her whether she could match me to a shade of the Mineralize Concealer because that way, I found my new holy grail powder!

What I love about this powder is that, not only does it come in a shade that is a perfect match to my skin tone - I've struggled so long to find a good one in the drugstore - but also that it's not just a powder that helps you set your base.
When applied with a Beauty Blender, this provides enough coverage to substitute a foundation, which makes it a perfect product for the hot summer months!


Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara (23€)

I've been dying to try out some of Too Faced's products, but as they are not available here in Germany, I've always only dreamt about them.
When I went to Rome at the end of June, however, I spotted a Too Faced counter in Sephora - and what moment screams "Screw it!" more than discovering make up products that aren't available where you live?

I have so much to say about this that a feature in this post would be too short for it all, so if you want to read an in-depth review on this mascara, I have one up here.
I have to say that I do have some minor issues with the mascara, but they don't keep me from absolutely loving it.
I've never achieved such long lashes with just one coat of mascara - and if you know me, my lashes are naturally pretty much stumps.


Marc Jacobs Daisy Dream EdT (89€)

This one's a classic. My ultimate perfume. No matter how many other perfumes I wear, a lot of people recognize me by the smell of this - it's pretty much my signature scent.

I've raved about this perfume on here so much that I don't want to bug you with my love for it for too long, but what you need to know about this is that it smells, as the name suggests, flowery but also somewhat fruity as it has a note of pear to it. What I like about the scent is that it's really light and not at all overpowering.

It's also really long-lasting and often sticks around for at least half a, if not the whole day - I've also gone swimming wearing this scent quite a lot and most of the time, you could still make out a faint smell of it afterwards, that's how great it is.


MAC Mineralize Concealer in 'NW20' (24€)

As I mentioned in my recent MAC haul, I've been dying to try one of MAC's concealers as I've hear quite a lot about them, but I've always refrained from buying one online because I had no clue which shade I had to get.

Luckily, I met them most amazing shopping assistant who matched me to a shade - thank god I had her do it because I would've gone for the lightest shade, but as I'm now sporting a tan it's actually way too light for me!

I love using this on my under-eye area as it cancels out all the nasty darkness I've got going on around there and doesn't go cakey or start sliding off my face throughout the day.


Essie Nail Polish in 'Bikini So Teeny' (7,99€)

This is another one of my favorite summer produtcs.
Ever since I've picked it up in Berlin last year, it has become one of my favorite summer nail polishes as it's definitely an eye-catcher and a nice change from the pastel polishes I'm usually wearing.

What's great about Essie's nail polishes is the value for money you get. The longevity of this is amazing, I often wear this polish for one week before it starts slightly chipping around the edges - perfect for when you're too lazy to re-do your nails every few days!


Is there a specific product you enjoyed last month?


If you liked this post and want to be updated on fresh content regularly, why not follow me on Bloglovin'?
You can find me on TwitterPinterest and Instagram as well!
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I really want to try the better than sex mascara, it looks so good!

    www.beautylifebecca.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's even better when you try it for yourself, I've read up quite a lot on it and still couldn't believe the results it gave me!

      Delete
  2. I LOVE Daisy Dream, it's definitely one of my favourites especially for Summer xx

    Gemma ♡ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's th perfect scent for summer, isn't it? I absolutely adore it. :) x

      Delete

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig