Monday, August 29, 2016

The Tenerife Beauty Haul

Guess who's back, back again? It's me! I know, it's been some time, huh? I've actually been home since Friday, but for some reason I just couldn't bring myself to sit down and write anything for my blog for the past few days. I don't know whether that's because I wasn't ready to let go of my holiday yet, or because writing my thesis is taking all the fun out of writing for me, but somehow putting this up took me half a week. Go figure.

Anyways, onto the matter at hand. Exciting new make up! I actually didn't even intend to go this ham on my trip to Tenerife - I mean, it was a beach trip and around this time, I hardly wear make up anyways as it just tends to slide off my face - but then I kept discovering more and more brands or products that aren't available to me over here in Germany, so I ended up buying way more stuff than I thought I would.

So, as I myself love having a good snoop and look at what people buy over their holidays, or pretty much all the time, I decided I'd share some of my exciting new purchases with you!



When it came to all things make up, Hiperdino, which is the Canary Island's biggest supermarket chain, was a right ol' paradise. When I walked in there and spotted a Rimmel counter, I actually squealed out loud a little. I've always ordered my Rimmel products online, so being able to actually swatch them before putting them into the shooping cart was pure joy. I ended up getting one of their infamous Kate Moss lipsticks in '105' as well as the Provocalips Ligloss in '730 Make Your Move'.

I also picked up the L'Oréal Paris Nude Magique BB Cream in 'Light' in Hiperdino - which has come back to bite me in my butt because it's now actually quite a bit too light for me. I must've tanned more than I thought!
This caught my eye as I like to wear a lighter base all through summer and well until October and have run out of my favorite Maybelline cream. It's not available over here, so I decided to give it a go so long as I had the chance to get it!

Another brand that's rather hard to get hold of where I live - do you notice the general pattern here already? - is MakeUp Revolution, which is a bummer because I've seen so many people rave about their products, especially their eyeshadow palettes.
Well, what a lucky girl I am - I coincidentally stumbled across a tiny store that selled some of MakeUp Revoultion's stuff, and their Beyond Flawless palette was on display. The shadows included are drop-dead gorgeous, some of them are matte, some glittery and there's so many of them that the possiblities of using it are endless!

I've had my eye on H&M's collection for quite some time now, but for some reason I've always put the products I swatched back down and left. When I spotted their lipstick in '003 cream chestnut', I was sold, because even though I own plenty of nude lipsticks, this weird pink-brownish shade is something that was missing in my collection.

The last thing I got technically isn't make up, but it's so damn good that I just had to share it with you anyways. Pull&Bear's Purple Burst perfume has a very unique scent - I couldn't telll you the exact ingredients for the life of me - but it smells extremely fresh and citrus-y and thus is the perfect summer time perfume!

from left to right: H&M '003', Rimmel Provocalips '730', Rimmel Kate Moss '105'


Do you go crazy when you're on holiday some place where new brands are available to you, or do you just try to get them online?

If you liked this post and want to be updated on fresh content regularly, why not follow me on Bloglovin'?
You can find me on TwitterPinterest and Instagram as well!
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Nice post! I love all the things you bought. I didn't realise you couldn't get Rimmel in Germany, I thought it was everywhere.
    Róisín
    totallyro.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I haven't ever seen Rimmel available in stores here, so I always have to order it, which is a bummer.

      Delete

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig