Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Maybelline Color Drama Velvet Lip Pencil

You probably know me by now - it's no big secret that I like my lip products very much and will more than often go overboard while purchasing them.

I ordered some new make up online a few weeks ago, and obviously I couldn't just settle for one lipstick, or even two - no way, I had to go for a last minute purchase - and it turned out to be anything but a mistake.

Said purchase was the Maybelline Color Drama Velvet Lip Pencil.


As I'd seen a few bloggers talk about this product, especially the shade 110, which is called 'Pink So Chic', a dark coralish-pink, I decided to see for myself how good it actually is.




Now, I'm usually not one for lip pencils as I feel like they dry my lips out a lot quicker than usual lipsticks do, but this might product might have changed my view on them.

I used a lip balm on my lips before applying this, and it went on pretty smoothly and even felt somewhat creamy for the first two hours - which I have never experience while wearing a lip pencil before.
It also didn't dry out my lips, even though it has a matte finish - which looks flat out fabulous - but it did cling to some drier patches a little, so you might want to use a lip scrub before you apply this.

The end of the pencil showed the exact same color the product had on my lips - a very, and I mean very, dark coral which didn't wash me out or made me look ill.
The coverage of this was great - at the end of the day, when the color had faded already, my natural lip color still was no where to be seen.

What suprised me was the staying time of this.
It did fade, of course, but rather subtly, leaving a strong tint so that when I came home about 7 hours after applying my make up, it was still really vibrant - and I only had to touch it up once.

This also didn't smudge while eating and drinking - another issue I have with a lot of lipsticks.(Rimmel, I'm looking at you)


Verdict:

For a lipstick that retails at 6,95€, this is absolute gold.
The color is really rich, the coverage is great and lasts through the entire day.
The formula feels nice on the lips without drying them out.
There's a variety of 10 shades of this lipstick, so if you aren't into dark colors, Maybelline's still got you covered.


Have you tried these lipsticks yet? Are they a yay or a nay for you?

Also, I reached my end of March goal of 30 followers on bloglovin' this past week!
To some people, that might not seem like much, but the thought of more than thirty people checking out my little space on the internet is pretty darn cool to me.
I'll think of a neat giveaway to thank y'all once I hit a hundred followers!

Thank you so much for reading!



SHARE:

2 comments

  1. This shade seems really nice. I also don't like lip pencils but I may give them a chance :)

    Sarah | Sarahanne14

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this shade and it's really nice!
    hushhush990.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig