Sunday, March 22, 2015

All Hail This Naked Dupe | W7 Lightly Toasted

Urban Decay's Naked palettes have been all over the blogosphere for years now and as I mentioned in my February favorites, I myself am a huge fan of them, especially the original Naked palette.

So of course, when my parents got me W7's Lightly toasted eyeshadow palette, I couldn't help but notice how insanely similar it is to the Naked 1.

Now, after using both of those for well over a month, I can tell you that I might've discovered an absolute gem - and possibly one of the greatest dupe yet!



As you can see, this palette's packaging is different from the original Naked's, but at first sight quite similar to the Naked 2 and 3.
It is made of metal, which sadly is of rather poor quality - mine already had two dents when it arrived - but to be honest, at a retail price of 7,82€, this is something I expected.
It still does make a satisfying click when it snaps shut (we all know what I'm talking 'bout), giving you the feeling that your product is tucked away safely.


First of all - the brush that comes with this isn't actually useless!
I mean, the spongey side definitely is, just as I expected - it doesn't do a good job at applying the eyeshadows or blending them in - but on the other hand, I actually quite like the little brush, which transitions the eyeshadows very well into the lid without any of the pigmentation getting lost.

The palette comes with a total of 12 eyeshadows, 2 of which are matte, 10 of which are different degrees of shimmery.
The pigmentation of these is really, really good - nothing I would've ever expected from a drugstore palette. Even the lighter shades provide great coverage.
The shadows also nicely blend - not a great as the ones in Naked palette do, mind you - but they still make it work.
What I really like about this product is that the eyeshadows stay on all day - and I wear make up from 6 am up to 5 pm on most days - without fading or smudging.



Teddy Bear is a very light, slightly pinky toned white - the only of the shades that I'd class as "too light to wear" for someone with pale skin.
Wonderland is shimmery, almost glittery light pink.
Cracker is a really nice matte brown that gives you a nude-ish feeling - one of my favorite neutral eyeshadows; and also the one shadow I like to use to fill in my brows.
Happy, again, is a super shimmery darker pink, which goes great with Wonderland.
Lady Luck is a matte dark brown, which I love to pair with Cracker.
Twister is a super shiny, bright gold shade, which you might want to use sparingly as it has a lot of glitter in it.


Di Di is a little hard to describe. To me, it looks like a slightly brown toned, darker shade of gold which is slightly shimmery.
Delilah is a dark green shade, which again, has got some shimmer in it.
Magic is another one of my favorites. It's a pretty dark, shimmery pink shade.
It's A Dream doesn't really appear this way on camera, put it actually is a bit of a lighter, shimmery plum shade.
Up In Smoke is a deep rich black with some hints of shimmer in it.
Dawn is the only shadow that I haven't been brave enough to try yet - it's a sparkly, light blue shade.

I'm really sorry that Teddy Bear and Wonderland hardly even show up - their almost as pale as my skin!

Long story short, the only real downside of this product is it's packaging - you oughta be careful, or it might be covered in dents real quick - but other than that, the value for money of this has me over the moon. You literally pay 65 cents for a single eyeshadow of this palette - and the quality is hitting quite close to Urban Decay's.

This palette definitely made me want to look through W7's product range a little more because I had never heard about them before - but now, I can't get enough of 'em!

Have you tried any of W7's products before?

Thank you so much for reading!



SHARE:

2 comments

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig