Sunday, June 5, 2016

20 Things to Do This Summer

Summer is hands down my favorite season, from the fact that I'm off school and work to the warm days and overall positive vibes, everything about the season makes me feel like so well, calm and contended that I could probably conquer the world.

As much as I love lazy days spent in my bed watching my favorite TV shows, I often tend to feel so unproductive when the sun's beaming down and everyone's enjoying their day.
Sometimes, however, my mind just somehow goes blank and I get really stuck on what I want to do - if you, like me, are always looking for things to do during your summer holidays, the following list could give you an idea or two to try out!



1. Have a barbecue - is there any other food that reminds you of summer any more than barbecues do?

2. Be a tourist in your own city - explore places you haven't paid any attention to before, try new restaurants, maybe even do some really cliché, touristy things. You'll be suprised by how much you've been missing out on.

3. Give yourself a day when you can have a reaaally long sleep in without regretting one minute of it. Sometimes a girl just needs to sleep until 2pm, alright?

4. Don't use your phone for an entire day. When you're away during summer, you want to relax as much as possible, and not checking Twitter or your emails every two minutes can do wonders for that.

5. Go stagrazing, whether it's in your backyard or elsewhere.

6. Try out a new recipe - I've shared a few of my favorites here!

7. Go on a road trip. It doesn't matter how far your drive or what your destination is, there's just something about the feeling of freedom I get when on road trips that's so addictive!

8. Treat yourself to something you've had your eyes on for a while, whether it's a clothing item or even just some nail polish!

9. Give back - I feel like summer is the time I often find myself astonished by how many amazing people I have in my life that I don't appreciate enough, so I like doing something nice for them to make them at least as happy as the make me!

10. Have a closet cleanout and give the clothes you don't wear anymore to charity. And I mean all the clothes. Don't tell yourself you'll wear that shirt sometime when you haven't put it on once during the past three years.

11. Have a movie night in with your family or friends. Topped of with tons of snacks such as popcorn, nachos and gummy bears, those are my favorite kinds of nights!

12. Cut negativity out of your life. Summer is the time to feel incredible and have a great time, so why let toxic people or situations drag you down?

13. Read a your favorite magazine or a good book outside. There's nothing like lying on the gras while the sun is shining on your face!

14. Grab your friends, bring some food and have a picnic at the park on a warm evening.

15. Go to a funfair, have some cotton candy, ride a roller coaster and scream at the top of your lungs!

16. Pick berries at a local farm. This is one of my favorite summer activities, it's so much fun and besides taking home some sweet snacks, you can also sneak some of them into your mouth while you're picking them.

17. Go to a music festival or an outdoor concert and dance and sing well into the night.

18. Go for a swim in a lake. It's been so long since I swam outside your regular pool and I've been missing it a lot!

19. Go kayaking or canoeing - I've only tried kayaking once but it was so much fun!

20. Dance in a summer rainstorm. Feeling the warm rain on your skin is such an incredible feeling, and forgetting about everything while dancing in the rain, even if it's just for a few minutes, can do such great things for your soul.


What's something you really want to do this summer?

If you liked this post and want to be updated on fresh content regularly, why not follow me on Bloglovin'?
You can find me on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram as well!
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Love this list! I'm having a BBQ this evening because the weather is amazing and planning a trip to Rothenburg ob der Tauber soon. Summer is my favourite month and I want to make the most of it! :D

    Hannah xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it! I'm off to get some ice cream now because it's soo hot here, but a barbecue would be great right now. I've actually never been to Rothenburg - have fun! :) x

      Delete
  2. I've done a close clear-out and it feels so good! Also makes room for new items :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. One thing that I really need to do this summer is actually sort out all of my clothes and just get rid of the ones that I simply don't wear anymore.
    Alicia x
    http://bambidreaming.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to go to the funfair this summer! Great ideas lovely!

    Ella xx
    www.inellaselement.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love this list but it also makes me sad because my summer isn't really going great. My friends are pretty much letting me down all the time so I'm just alone, all the time. It's like they don't want to have fun anymore. No matter what I propose, parties, trips, concerts, parks etc. they're so caught up with their lives, they forget about me or ignore it or whatever. They behave like 50+ year olds. It’s super frustrating. Furthermore, where I live there is literally nothing to do and since I'm still without a job, I can't afford to do crazy trips etc. But oh well, I can't do much about it. Sorry for being such a downer. I think your list is great and I will try to put some of your points into action but I'm pretty sure it's not gonna be the summer of my life. :D And don't get me started on the weather.

    xx Hailey - www.haileyjaderyan.com // www.instagram.com/haileyjaderyan

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig