Friday, June 24, 2016

Suitcase Packing 101

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person on this planet who loves packing for a holiday.
 Every time my friends and I travel together, all of them complain how tedious and mind-numbing the process of packing is while I'm bouncing off the walls in excitement. How can you not get super pumped for your travels while packing?

As this year definitely marks an all time high in travelling for me - I had a total of five trips planned out, of which two have already happened; in fact, I'm currently packing my suitcase right now as I'm leaving for Rome tomorrow - I'll have a whole load of packing to do, which made me think about some tricks that'll help me use the room in my suitcase properly and keep me from overpacking.

And because packing can be quite the nemesis for quite a lot of people, I thought I'd share my tips and tricks for how to pack properly - so you can get done with it quickly and dream of your holiday even sooner!


1. Plan before you start to pack.

Overpacking is never a good idea, especially when you're going somewhere by plane and have a certain weight limit you have to stick to - but even when you're not dragging huge, heavy bags or suitcases around with you isn't exactly a great time.

What I do to avoid packing things I won't really need is writing a list of all the essential items I'll need for my time away - toiletries, make up, medicine, clothing.
Clothing wise, it's wise to pack specific outfits. What I mean by this is laying out the pieces of clothing you want to take with you and combining them with other pieces - by putting together outfits and only packing pieces that go with other things you're taking, you'll avoid bringing unnecessary clothes that you cannot match to anything else you've taken with you.


2. Heavy and spacey things at the bottom.

Something I'll always do is placing heavy or big things I'm taking with me right at the bottom of my suitcase.
By doing that, you will stop heavy items from crumpling very delicate and soft cloth - because who wants to walk around in wrinkly clothing on their holiday?

Besides that, putting very spacey items like shoes at the bottom of your suitcase will force you to work - or pack - your way around them, for example by rolling clothing to fit into small spaces next to those large pieces.


3. Wrap any fluids in plastic bags.

Besides wrinkled clothes, something else you absolutely do not want to see when you open up your suitcase upon arrival is fluids that have spread all across the entire content of it.

To avoid that, always remember to wrap any form of fluid - be it perfume, shampoo, foundation, nail polish, medicine - in a small plastic bag. It's always better for them to leak into a seperate bag instead of onto all of your clothing.

Also, to keep fragile items like perfume from breaking, make sure to cushion them properly by putting the bag they're wrapped up in inbetween soft items like towels or clothing.


4. Never carry any valuable items in your suitcase.

I think a lot of people would've thought of this themselves, but it's still very important,
Always carry important items, such as your purse, passport, keys and other things you cannot lose under any circumstances in your carry on bag.

It's not unusual for suitcases to get lost on the way to your destination, especially if you have to switch from one plane and/or airline to another.
Most of the time, suitcases will show up eventually, but it wouldn't be the first time for one to dissolve into thin air.


Do you have any tricks that you cannot go without when it comes to packing?
If you liked this post and want to be updated on fresh content regularly, why not follow me on Bloglovin'?
You can find me on TwitterPinterest and Instagram as well!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig