Wednesday, June 22, 2016

How to Become Better at Mornings

I feel like the characters in almost every single movie or TV show I've watched are the ideal morning people - they get up as the first rays of sunshine hit their face, stretch a little and then literally jump out of bed while whistling a joyful tune.

I don't know about you, but I hardly have days where I get up like this - usually it's only the case when I'm going on holiday and bouncing off the walls in excitement.

But no matter how much I hate it, there's no way to avoid my alarm clock ringing at 5.30am four days a week; and because of that, I've developed some habits that help me become a little more of a morning person and make me feel a little less dead while I wait for my coffee to be done.

[source]

1. Whatever you do, don't press snooze.

I know just how inviting that damn snooze button is, but pressing it again and again will only make you feel worse.

Not only will you keep falling alseep only to be jerked awake after ten minutes , which can really screw up how tired you feel - even if you were to get nine hours of sleep yet keep pressing snooze, you'll find yourself unable to be fully awake.
On top of that, you're a lot more likely to be late for work, school or any appointments awaiting you, and who wants to run and break a sweat right after getting up?


2. Wash your face with cold water.

I know just how harsh or downright violent it can be to splash your face with cold water right after getting up - you'll be insanely cold for a few seconds, and you'll also wonder how much you must hate yourself to do this - but after you're done you'll feel insanely refreshed and a lot more awake!


3. Do some light exercise.

I've found that introducing some really light excersise like yoga or even meditation can really change the way I feel throughout the day.

It gives me those ten minutes to take a deep breath and clear my head in order to start the day with a refreshed mind.
Besides that, my body always feels so great after a short exercise in the morning and on top of that, I feel energized and ready to seize the day!


4. Take a few minutes to plan out your day.

This might not be for you if you're a super spontaneous person and often make spur-of-the-moment decisions, but if you, like me, love yourself at least a little organisation you should definitely include this step into your morning routine!

What I do is sit down with my bullet journal during breakfast and plan out or go over my tasks for the day - this helps me concentrate, even though the task isn't too demanding.
Besides that, it also helps me prepare for the day - by going over my to-do list every morning, I'm less likely to forget to do something important.


5. Prepare a good breakfast for yourself.

Something that I do every morning without fail is make breakfast for myself - whether it's eggs, pancakes or simply cereal or toast (let's be real, mostly the last two because I ain't to four star cook).

I feel like by preparing my food myself, I avoid eating anything too unhealthy or skipping breakfast altogether - it truly is the most important meal of the day. If you eat poorly or not at all, you'll struggle to come up with energy all day!



What is the most important step in your morning routine?
If you liked this post and want to be updated on fresh content regularly, why not follow me on Bloglovin'?
You can find me on TwitterPinterest and Instagram as well!
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I think I'm doing quite well at being a morning person, but every now and then I simply can't force myself to get out of bed, so I end up sleeping in. Oops.
    Over the years, I build a habit of not pressing the snooze button. Moreover, it is now my pet peeve if people don't get up after their alarm rang :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't slept in in ages, I even have alarms set for the weekends, ugh.
      Exactly! I hate hearing people's alarms ring for minutes before they get up - so annoying. x

      Delete

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig