Thursday, June 30, 2016

June Favorites

Hear hear, Franzi went on a massive beauty shopping spree. How unheard of.
Well, if you look at the fact that I hardly wore any make up during the past three months - I actually explained why I stopped wearing it and how that affected me - , these few little sprees of mine weren't all that bad, right? It's totally okay to spend a little more in one month if you didn't buy any new products for the past ones?

As I felt like I missed out on some pretty nice new releases, I thought it'd be a good idea to give some of them a shot - which worked really well up until that point where I re-discovered some of my old favorites that were hidden away in my drawers and fell back in love with them.
Hashtag beauty blogger problems.

I feel like my favorite products from June are quite the accurate representation of all my new and old loves - so let's get into them!




Essence XXXL Longlasting Lipgloss Matte Effect in '06 Soft Nude' (2,69€)

I actually bought this right at the beginning of the year when a lot of my friends were raving about these lipglosses, but it somehow ended up in the depths of my drawers and that was the beginning of the end.

However, I've been all about liquid lipsticks lately; and even though this technically isn't a lipstick rather than a gloss, it dries to a matte finish, thus looking like a matte lipstick.
Not only is this a very lovely dark rose shade, the quality you get for such a low price is absolutely outstanding - the gloss is super long-lasting and doesn't smudge or budge at all!


Marc Jacobs Splash Collection Pear Eau de Toilette (54,95€)

This was actually such a spontaneous buy, but I don't regret it one bit.
I was actually browsing the Marc Jacobs counter, debating whether or not I should re-stock on my beloved 'Daisy Dream' when I came across their Splash Collection. While all four of the perfumes were definitely interesting, 'Pear' stood out to me.

This has such an interesting scent.
It obviously smells of pear, as the name suggests, but it also has notes of other citrus fruits as well as teakwood and musk - it's both fresh and smoky at the same time, which makes it very unique.

I also like that it isn't too overpowering, so I don't leave a trail of the scent behind me everywhere I go. However, it is pretty long-lasting - some days I will spritz some of it onto my wrists and will still linger on my skin when I shower in the evening!


Essence 'Shape & Shadows' Eye Contouring Palette (4,99€)

This is hands down one of my all time favorite products I've ever come across in the drugstore - and it's also limited edition. Boo.

I adore this so much that I actually wrote an in-depth review about it if you want to know the whole deal.
If you want the short version - this is an eye palette which includes shadows that can be used either as eyeshadows or to fill in the brows as well as a brow wax and a highlighter. How neat is that?

Despite the low price, the quality of the products included is insane - they're so longlasting and give a great color pay-off.


Essence 'The Glow Must Go On' Bronzing & Highlighting Palette (4,99€)

This palette is from the same limited edition as the eye palette I just mentioned - whcih sucks, because this one is amazing as well.

It includes three shades of bronzer as well as one highlighter, and on top of that it also comes with two eyeshadows - one is a orange-y shade and the other is a medium brown.

While I haven't tried out the eyeshadows yet, I'm in love with the bronzers and the highlighter.
I like the fact that they've included a shade of bronzer that is fit for very pale people like myself, which is very rare to find on the highstreet. Gone are the days of orange bronzers!



Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in 'Transparent' (5,27€)

If you're no stranger to my blog, you'll probably know how much I adore this powder.
It's an absolute life saver for someone like me, who has a rather oily T-Zone, especially during the hotter season when my forehead looks like it's permanently covered in sweat. Nice.

What I love about this is that it mattifies my skin without clogging up my pores and/or making my skin break out, which you don't get too often from drugstore powders.
Besides that, it also doesn't change the color of your foundation or concealer as it is, as the name says, transparent - that's especially great for very fair people like me who struggle to find a powder that matches their skin tone.


Have you loved any specific products this month?
If you liked this post and want to be updated on fresh content regularly, why not follow me on Bloglovin'?
You can find me on TwitterPinterest and Instagram as well!
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. Glad to see a fellow Essence fan! Love how inexpensive their selections are. I'm curious, though. They're made in Germany, right? Are they priced lower there?

    Jorj | Mad Cherry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they're made here! They are extremely inexpensive here - as cheap as 1€ for a lip liner - but as I haven't seen their products in other countries I'm not sure if they're cheaper here than they are other places. x

      Delete
  2. Stay Matte is my all time favourite powder! There hasn't been one out yet that's taken it's place for me!

    www.teenytinythoughts.com

    xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been my favorite for ages, but I recently got MAC's Mineralize Skinfinish Natural and I feel like it might be even a tinge better than Stay Matte!

      Delete
  3. That Marc Jacobs scent sounds divine - pear is a really unique smell! I love anything with citrus hints as well, so I'll definitely be taking a whiff of that perfume when I'm next in a beauty store! Thanks for sharing your faves, lovely 💗

    Abbey ✨ www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig