Sunday, June 26, 2016

The Wardrobe Edit #4


It hasn't even been a full month at the time I'm writing this post - it's been written last week because while you're reading this, I'll be in Rome, drinking up the sun and the food and the culture - since I last talked you through the newest additions to my wardrobe. Whoops.

I was about to say that I can't even come up with excuses for how many clothes I've been buying anymore, but one just crossed my mind - technically, these were all inspired by the travels I have planned for this summer!

German summers aren't exactly the bee's knees - we get some really hot days and weeks, but not nearly enough to invest into a full on summer wardrobe.
However, with my trips to Italy and Spain this summer, I'll need a lot of clothes that are light and short so I won't melt away in the heat - so what did I do?

I went shopping, obviously.



How adorable is this playsuit I picked up from C&A? I'm in love with the salmon shade, it's unlike anything else I own! I can't wait until it's hot enough to wear it.
It's rather simplistic, which I like, but the lace detailling at the neck gives it a nice sophisticated touch - and the cloth it's made of is heavenly soft. For a price of  19€, this doesn't just look incredible but also is of very good quality for such an affordable price.

The top is from C&A as well - it's actually a little shorter at the front than it is at the back and thus is pretty much a crop top, so I'll have to wear this with some high-waisted jeans or shorts as I'm not too keen on showing off my belly.
I also like the quote on it - I'm usually not one to buy tops that have any form of writing on them, but I actually quite like "we're all made of star stuff" - I don't know why it's so inspirational to me, but it is nonetheless!


I might've cheated a little bit on this next clothing item - it's actually supposed to be a plus sized shirt, but when I saw it in Adler I at first thought it was a dress - so when I tried it on and it actually looked like an actual dress on me as well, I just decided to go with it!
Besides that, it was cheaper than a lot of the dresses I own priced at 25.95€.

Because it's technically not a "real dress", it's pretty short. However, that makes up for the fact that the material is a little thicker so I hopefully won't sweat as much when wearing it this summer.
This turquoise shade is also very unusual for monochrome me, but it's such summer shade while stilk being somewhat subtle - and the folkore-ish stitching near them hem is such a nice touch!


You probably thought that you were looking at a backpack in the picture above, am I right? Well, it can technically be used as both a backpack and a handbag!
This clever '2-in-1' bag can be folded to be used as a backpack as well.

I picked this up from Tchibo for 29,95€ for when I'm in Rome - I'm someone who always carries around huge, heavy handbags; however I wanted to only carry the bare necessities with me, and the rather small space in this bag will force me to do that.
Besides that. it also functioning as a bagpack will allow me to carry it in front of my stomach in order to protect my belongings from pickpockets, which my teacher has already warned me about.


I wasn't so sure whether I should include the last few pieces into this post, but then I told myself that all of us wear underwear, so it shouldn't be a topic I have to avoid.

I've been eyeing up Calvin Klein underwear ever since I got my first bra from them - which I'm absolutely in love with - but as one of the only places the brand is available here is at Urban Outfitters, and one of the normal slips is priced at 32€ there.

That's why I decided to order  from Zalando - I got CAROUSEL 3 Pack for 39,95€. That's three slips for a few Euros more than I would've paid for one at Urban Outfitters - how great of a deal is that?
Besides the fact that I got them for such a great price, they're such good qaulity as well - they're so incredibly comfortable!


Have you picked up any new clothes recently? If so, please let me know - you might know I'm always on the hunt for new clothes by now!

If you liked this post and want to be updated on fresh content regularly, why not follow me on Bloglovin'?
You can find me on TwitterPinterest and Instagram as well!
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Lovely blogpost!
    I am the same when it comes to having a big handbag when out and about! I have just invested in a 2 in 1 backpack and handbag too!

    Lots of love,
    Francesca, 💜
    http://bellamomento.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really need to stop using such big handbags, it's so bad for my back. x

      Delete

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig