Wednesday, April 8, 2015

My Top 5 Spring Nail Polishes | Beauty

It's finally April, which marks the offical beginning of spring to me. 
Yeah, I know that technically, spring started in March, but April is the month that lots of flowers start to bloom, the trees start to get green again and the days get longer and most importantly, warmer - or at least, that should be the case, but of course, Germany has been blessen with storms, rain, and even actual snow yet again.

That doesn't stop me from trying to inject some color into my life, though.
Gone are the days of blacks, dark purples and reds - during spring, I like to dig out pastels and brighter colors when it comes to my nails.

As you guys seem to have liked my top five spring lipsticks, today I want to share my five favorite nail polishes with you!


1. Rimmel Rita Ora 60 Seconds Polish in 'Breakfast in Bed'

This is one of my all time favorite nail polishes.
'Breakfast in Bed' is a slightly brighter mint mint shade and dries to a semi matte finish.
You'll need at least two coats of this for the color to apear vibrant, but fear not, this polish actually dries almost as fast as it claims to on the bottle.
I was suprised that this didn't chip as quickly as the other Rimmel nail polish I own. It takes anywhere between three to six days before you'll eventually have to take this off.
If you want to read a more in depth description on this, you can check my review of it out here.

2. Maybelline Color Show Bleached Neons in 'Sun Flare'

Alright, so for some reason this shade came out more yellow-ish on camera, but believe me, it actually is more of a bright, neon orange.
I originally bought this one last year to wear during summer, but this year, I've been loving it on my nails for spring as well.
This is definitely a two coat job, which wouldn't be too bad if it didn't take absolute ages to dry.
The longevity of this is really okay, it stays put for three to four days before seriously chipping.
Sadly, 'Bleached Neons' was one of Maybelline's limited editions and sadly isn't available anymore.

3. Avon Nailwear Pro+ in 'Viva Pink'

If you're a regular reader, you'll know how much I love my Avon products. Their nailpolishes are no exception.
This shade might not be for everyone, it is a pretty vibrant pink with a shiny finish, which a lot of people would probably class as a summer shade, but I love to wear this when I'm feeling more of a popping color.
Most of the time, one coat of this is enough to get a fair share of color, and it doesn't take too long to dry either!
Chipping wise, this is pretty neat. It stays on my nails for about a week before I have to repaint them, which is incredible for the lazy gal in me!

4. LR Colours Longlasting Nail Polish in '2'

This might be my most used nail polish of all time because it's great for all year 'round, but an especially great color for spring!
The shade '2' is a very light pastel pink with a slightly shiny finish.
The only downside of this is that because of the super light color, this is a three coat job - which makes the entire process of paiting my nails seems freaking endless.
This lasts for ages. There have been points where I wore this shade for over a week and it still looked fine.

5. Givenchy Le Vernis Nail Lacquer in 'Rose Taffetas'

Again, if you're not a new reader, you might've seen me feature this in my February favorites or my review on it.
'Rose Taffetas' is a coral-ish, darker pink shade which I found to go well with most pieces in my wardrobe.
After applying only one coat of this, it dries to a slightly shiny finish, which looks very chic.
Sadly, despite the hefty price tag, I still haven't found a way to stop this polish from chipping, which is seriously annoying. I usually have around three, sometimes only two days until it starts coming off.

So these are the five nail polish shades that I'll probably have on rotation this spring.
What are some polishes that you love for this time of the year?

Thank you so much for reading!


SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I love the mint Rita Ora nail polish
    Shaguna
    www.goldandhearts.com

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig