Sunday, April 19, 2015

All Used Up | Empties #1



I will admit it, I'm the absolute worst at using up products. I will purchase something, use it constantly for a certain amount of time, only to fall for something else after a while and completely forget it.

Seeing as my beauty and skin care products were literally pilling up in my drawers, I decided to set an end to purchasing new. fairly unnecessary stuff and finally get around to using up everything else.

I kept all my empties in an unused make up bag so once I had built a little collection, I could share it with you guys!


Avon Care Revitalising Moisture Hand Cream in Cocoa Butter (5€)

I've got extremely dry hands and finding a hand cream that leaves my hands feeling moisturized for longer than ten minutes is anything but easy.
These work wonders on my hands, though!
As you apply this hand cream, it gives off a strong, but not too sweat scent of cocoa, which equals heaven to me.
It leaves my hands moisturized for more than an hour, which is more than I could've ever asked for.

Would I repurchase?
I already have! I'm on my third tube of these already, and it'll take a miracle hand cream to stop me from using them.

Maybelline Colossal Go Extreme! Mascara (9,99€)

This was one of there first mascaras that I totally fell in love with - my fierce love for it shows at how much the writing on this has rubbed off. It looks absolutely ancient, but I swear it's not.
It lenghtend my lashes and added a lot of volume to them, and I experienced next to no fallout with it, even though I didn't own the waterproof version.

Would I repurchase?
As much as I enjoyed my love affair with this gem, I have at least five other mascaras hiding in my drawers, waiting to be used - and I really don't want those to dry out or go bad (yuck). 
Maybe, one day, if ever get around finishing those.

Eucerin AtopiControl Face Care Cream (19,25€)

Originally developed for patients diagnosed with atopic eczema, this cream is perfect for dry and irritated skin, it strenghtens the skin structure and restores its barrier function.
I have combination skin, which means that up to now, skincare has always confused me a little.
Now that the winter months have left my skin dry and damaged and pollen are taking their turn on tormenting me, this has been my absolute savior.
I use this as a day creme and it keeps my skin hydrated throughout the entire day.

Would I repurchase?
I have been using this for the past two year, so as soon as I noticed that I was soon to run out of it, I immediately went and stocked up on it.

Maybelline Baby Lips in Peach Kiss (2,45€)

This was the first product of the Baby Lips range I owned, and it lasted me a damn long time.
This has been my go-to lip balm, I never went anywhere without it as it kept my lips moisturized and soft for far over an hour.
'Peach Kiss' is one of the Baby Lips that gives of a stain, this one in particular is extremely light so it's almost unnoticeable - which is great if you're going for a natural look or you're not allowed to wear make up at school!

Would I repurchase?
Not in the near future, I own two more of the Baby Lips, one of the original range and one of the electro one, and as I mentioned, these last absolute ages, so I'm not gonna need a new lip balm for a while.

Nivea Anti-Transpirant Satin Sensation Deodorant (2,50€)

Deodorant! I know, how exciting! But believe it or not, nearly all of us use it, so I might as well share this one with you lot because it's actually pretty neat.
To be honest, I've got no clue where I picked this travel sized version up, but it got me hooked instantly!
This deodorant leaves your skin with a slightly satiny feeling, doesn't show up on clothing - thank god, nothing more embarassing than that - while also giving off a light, refreshing scent. It's all things I look for in a deodorant in a bottle.

Would I repurchase?
I did acutally purchase the original size of this and I'm about to run out. Ooops.
I might purchase another one of these, but I like switching up my deodorants from time to time so we'll see about that.


Looking at this now, I feel really good about using all of those products up - I literally sound like a shopaholic in therapy.
I will definitelly continue collecting all my empties so I can keep you updated on how this little "experiment" of mine goes!

Thank you so much for reading!


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I love Baby Lips! You're right they seem to last such a long time!

    tia | at0ut.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do! I should've considered that before buying three of them, oops.

      Delete

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig