Sunday, April 26, 2015

A Pastel Love Affair | Beauty

It's no secret that I love me some pastel nail polishes, and it's also not a secret that I love to find an absolute bargain.

Now, I went to drugstore with some really good intentions the other day  - like buying toothpaste and straight up ignoring the make up counters - but you know me, I just couldn't not take a quick peek.

Lately, I've seen some German bloggers rave about one of Essence's newest launches - their "The Gel Nail Polishes", which, as you might've guessed by the name, are supposed to give your nails a high shine, gel-like finish for just 1,59€ a bottle - that sounds just too good to be true, right?

Now, I have mixed feelings towards Essence. That might just be because, being the biggest buget brand available on the German market, I used a lot of their products when I was just starting out with make up, and some of the memories of that still give me nightmares. Just one word - bright pink lipgloss.
But they also do some products that I love, including their Pure Skin powder and, you guessed it, their nail polishes.

So I decided to bite the bullet and get one, because come on, this was less expensive than the lunch I had on that same day.


Now, this range has a total of 46 shades you can choose from, including bright, pastel and shimmery shades, so naturally, I spent a good five minutes ooh-ing and aaah-ing at all the pretty colors, only to choose one that I can only classify as so me - the shade 37 "Serendipity", which is a pretty light purple pastel shade - perfect for spring!



Sadly, as this is a light shade, you will have to apply three coats of it to get the maximum coverage - which would've really annoyed me if this didn't dry so quickly! I found that to be really helpful, especially for us busy girls who can't afford to spend what feels like an hour just to paint our nails.

Judging by how little money I spent on it, I expected this polish to chip within the first two days of wearing it, but no, none of that happened!
I went a good four days until it started to chip slightly on the outer corners of my nails - I mean, it lasted longer than my Givenchy nail polish has managed (full review here), so I'm more than impressed.


As I mentioned, I was a little sceptical when I popped this into my basket, but my view on it has taken a 180 degrees turn.
For less than two Euros, you get a nail polish that has an insane longevity and a great color payoff - and you have just about the widest range ever to choose from, so there is definitely going to be something for everyone in the mix.

I swear I mentioned that I didn't want to pick up any more nail polishes - as I own well over 40 - before, and I also mentioned that I put myself on a spending ban, but really - would it hurt if I got one or two more spring shades from this collection?
I think not - so if you have any recomandations shade wise, make sure to comment them!

Thank you so much for reading!


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig