Sunday, February 22, 2015

Maybelline Great Lash Mascara

This post was supposed to go up on Friday. Oops, I know.
 But as I've been feeling pretty ill over the last week, I took some time off from my blog, or the internet in general - I'm feeling a bit better now, though, so I'm back in time for my Sunday post!

Nevertheless, I picked up quite a few Maybelline products over the past few weeks, including their Great Lash mascara in 'The Blackest Black' , which was 4€ - let's be real, it was the bargain price tag on this one that caught my eye.

 I've heard some people rave about using this gem on their lower lashes, so I decided to give it a go.



Now, I'm generally a fan of Maybelline mascaras, I've been using the Colossal Go Extreme for more than a year on and off.

This one I was more sceptical about - what put me off it at first was its wand.




I usually don't mind using plastic wands, but I found this one to be rather small - most of the time it was quite difficult to grab all of my lashes with it.




Despite that, the results were actually pretty neat. As you can tell by my left I, I naturally have very short lashes. Within two coats, the Great lash mascara doubled their lenght and made them look darker, adding a tiny bit of a curl to them.
It didn't make my lashes get clumpy, which also is a plus.

Throughout the day, the mascara didn't smudge at all.
I wore it while working out and when I was out and about on a rainy day, and it stayed in place, perfectly.


Verdict:

If you are looking for intense volume, this might probably not be the mascara for you.
But if you, like me, want to add some lenght and a slight curl to your lashes, I would definitely give this one a go - especially because its staying power is insane.


What is your favorite brand for mascaras?

Thank you so much for reading!



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig