Sunday, February 15, 2015

Overthinking | Lifestyle


Hi everyone!

So, as I'm all cuddled up on the sofa, I thought it's time for a Sunday heart-to-heart.




Something I constantly do is overthinking.
And when I say that, I don't just mean wearing a pair of tight jeans and thinking - 'Oh god, I must look huge in these' - even though I do that as well.

Let's have a look at just one out of a lot of examples.

When I came home this past Friday, I noticed that throughout the day, my skin broke out a whole lot.
The "it's shining through all my layers of foundation, concealer and powder" lot.

I had my first tutoring appointment that evening - a couple of days earlier a worried mother rang me up and asked whether I could help her daughter with her poor English grades, so naturally, I wanted to make a good first impression.

I kid you not, I spent a good 45 minutes to re-do my entire make up just to have a breakdown and take it all of again.

And all that time, I kept telling myself "They will notice that your entire faces is covered in spots. They'll think you're unhygienic. They'll be disappointed."

None of that actually happened.
They were very sweet people and I ended up spending a good two hours with the girl who was probably more anxious about the situation than I was.


Studying way too much also comes with overthinking.

I am by no means lazy, but as for most people, spending four hours solving Maths problems isn't very high up on my bucket list.

Yet I worry so much about an exam that I'll take at the end of February that I did exactly that today. 
What the hell Franzi, it's a Sunday.

That obsessive worrying goes on for so long that I get incredibly nervous during exams, causing me to make mistakes that are completely unessacary and ruin my grades.

Sometimes - way too often, lately - I will go to bed and once my head hits the pillow, my head will be filled with so many questions and accusions that they're nothing but noise anymore.

I can't be the only one this is happening to, right?

I wanted some kind of advice to go with this post - but hey, practice what you preach.

If you're experiencing the same feelings I am, I can only tell you a few things.

  • No one thinks as bad of you as you do yourself.
It sounds cliché, but 99% of the people you will come across will not look at your smudge mascara, or the fact that your clothes don't match, or that you have a few blemishes - they're too busy with their own problems.

  • Don't let overthinking hold you back from doing amazing things.
I'm guilty of this. Countless times I've turned oppurtunities down, both small and big, even though I would've probably enjoyed, purely because I kept telling myself what could go wrong.
Imagine what you could gain from those opportunities rather that what you could lose.

  • Ask people for their opinions.
I know that it's hard, but when you're shopping and you're trying on a pair of pants or a dress, ask a shopping assistant whether they think it suits you before you get it and never wear it because you're too scared of what people might think of you.


Alright, I hope this little bit of lifestyle was a nice change to my many recent beauty posts!

Do any of you struggle with this problem?

Thank you so much for reading!






SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig