Sunday, February 1, 2015

January Favorites 2015


Hi everyone!

Is it just me, or did January fly by super fast?
To be honest, I'm kind of glad that it's over - January is, for some reason, always a drag for me.
You're still recovering from Christmas dinner, it's always cold and dark, it rains a lot.

Here are some things that made the past month a little bit more enjoyable for me.




Mac Cremesheen lipstick: (20€)
I actually got this lipstick when I was in America last October, but I've been especially loving it this month as it is a Cremesheen one, meaning that it moisturizes your lips - my lips get really dry in Winter, so this has been incredible.
I own it in the shade 'Fanfare', which is a really pigmented dark pink.

Avon Ultra Colour lipstick: (10€)
If you've read my last few blog posts you will know how much I love my Avon products - and my lipsticks.
So naturally, one of Avon's lipsticks will be my companion at all times.
This month, I found myself reaching for the shade 'Pout', which is a light pink, a lot.
It's almost as moisturizing as my Mac one, but sadly not quite as pigmented and long-lasting - yet I still found it to be great for every day wear.

Avon nailwear pro+ nailpolish: (8€)
I only recently discovered this nailpolish in the shade 'Decadence', but it was great enough to make it into my monthly favorites!
I'm not going to go into depth about this product as I have a blog post about it up here.

If I Stay by Gayle Forman: (8€)
I first discovered this book last summer, and I forgot how much I loved it until I had to re-read it for one of my classes.
'If I Stay' is about Mia, a seventeen year old cellist, who gets into a car crash with her family. As the story progresses, Mia has to make the most difficult choice of all - does she stay, or does she let go?
This book is heartbreaking and heartwarming, and it reminded me to cherish all the things I have - and all the things that I have lost.





LR Colours Blush: (12€)
I'm usually not one for blushes - I feel like they look kind of unnatural on me as I've got very pale skin.
But when I picked up LR Colours' blush in the shade 'Warm Berry', I found it to look quite subtle, even though it is a rather dark pink - I think I've found my new favorite blush!

LR Colours Eyeshadow Duo: (11€)
I own eight of these duos in total, but as I'm loving more neutral shades on my eyes at the moment, the one in the shade 'Brownrose 'n Chocolate' has been my absolute favorite this month.
Both the rose and the brown are very pigmented shimmery shades. They stay on quite well and don't shift or smudge throughout the day, which is perfect for me, as I apply my make up at 6 in the morning and don't get to take it off until around 4 in the afternoon.

LR Deluxe Carbon Black Eyeliner: (14€)
Yes, another one of LR's products, I know. But I've been loving those because they are a really good quality.
I've hardly used any other eyeliner since I got this one in September.
This eyeliner is a felt-tip one, which is perfect if you're just starting out with eyeliner and/or are looking for an easy way to get the perfect feline flick.
It dosen't smudge, it glides on ridiculously easy, and it hasn't dried up or run out even though I've been constantly using it for 6 months.

Avon Pro Powder Brush: (9€)
This is simply the best make up brush I own to this day.
If you want to see me rave about this in detail, I wrote a blog post on it here.


And those are all the things I've been loving throughout January!

What were some of your favorites this month?

Thank you so much for reading,
Franzi. x

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. the lipstick looks lovely and i really want to read if i stay!

    xx danielle // shades of danielle // bloglovin

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig