Sunday, October 4, 2015

Favorite Fall Lipsticks | Beauty

Fall and lipsticks - two things that are very high up on my list of favorite things, and now that October is here, it's finally time to combine the two and crack out those forgotten-about fall lippies 
again!

To celebrate that, I thought it'd be a nice idea to share my five favorite fall lipsticks with you guys so you get the chance to maybe discover a new favorite for the season - or even get reminded of an old love that you forgot about!



MAC Satin Lipstick in 'Twig'

One of my all time favorite and most worn lipsticks, Twig will definitely have its time to shine throughout fall as well as winter. I've come to realize that this lipstick looks different on people with different skin tones, but on someone who's as pale as me, it's a very dark rose shade that's almost a little burgundy.

This gem has a satin finish, which means that it almost has the longevity of a matte lipstick while still being a lot more creamy and forgiving on the lips.


KIKO Rebel Romantic Intensely Lavish Lipstick in '02 Pretty Mauve'

When I first saw the 'Rebel Romantic' collection KIKO came out with some time ago, I knew that the collection's lipsticks would be ideal for fall. After swatching all of them in store, I decided that Pretty Mauve was the most suitable for me.

For some reason, my camera didn't pick up this shade completely because it is definitely quite a bit darker and more pigmented on me than it looks in the swatch - while it looks mauvey there, it's more berry like on my lips.
I love how creamy this lipstick feels on my lips, it's like applying a tinted lipbalm! The formula keeps my lips feeling super soft for at least two hours.
Sadly, due to its very creamy formula, the lipstick isn't all too long-lasting, but it does fade very nicely and, as the shade is very pigmented, leaves a strong stain.


Avon Beyond Color Lipstick in 'Divine Wine'

I wore this lipstick religiously after I got it last winter and I was so excited to dig it out of my drawer again!

'Divine Wine' is, as the name suggests, a slightly glittery deeper berry color that is still light enough for fair skinned people to wear without it washing them out completely.
This one also has a pretty creamy formula, which is not as extreme as KIKO's, but still very nurishing on the lips.
Sadly, this lipstick is a bit tricky to work with while eating and drinking because it does slide off the lips rather easily due to its formula - and because it's very pigmented, it will leave dark stains around your lips if you're not careful enough!


Rimmel Kate Lasting Finish Matte Lipstick in '07'

The classic. How could I not possibly include one of the most hyped fall/winter shades?
I got this lipstick after hearing several bloggers going on about how much they love it, and I definitely wasn't dissapointed.

This shade is definitely not one for the faint hearted - it's a dark berry shade that kinda looks a little red on me, and it really is a 'look at me' kind of shade.
Also, Rimmel really don't joke around when they call it a matte lipstick. If you don't apply any lipstick before applying this lipstick, it will dry out your lips big time and accentuate all the dry patches. Not a cute look.
The good thing about the matte formula, though, is that the lipstick stays in places for a fair few hours without budging at all.


MAC Viva Glam II Lipstick

Alright, this might not look like a very seasonal shade to you first, but let's be honest - do all of your outfits go with a berry lipstick? Yeah, mine don't either.
So, because pinks and the like just don't feel right to me during the colder seasons, I had to include my favorite nude lippy in this mix.

I love this lipstick so much that I dedicated an entire post to it a few weeks ago, so I'll only touch base on it briefly.
It's the perfect neutral nude shade for us fair skinned gals and goes with next to every make up look and outfit. It also has a satin finish, which, as I explained earlier, is basically a more creamy version of a matte lipstick that is still very long lasting and pigmented.


top-bottom: Twig, Pretty Mauve, Divine Wine, 07, Viva Glam II


So there are my favorite lipsticks for the up and coming season - they're now all set up on my dressing table and ready to get used all day every day. I've never been more ready for fall.

What is your favorite fall lipstick?



SHARE:

1 comment

  1. These are all such great shades! I love fall makeup :)

    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig