Thursday, October 29, 2015

Fa(ll)bulous Nail Polishes | Beauty



It's probably no secret that nails are somewhat of my personal playground - I mean, there was a point in time when I wore a different nail polish every single day. That's how much I enjoyed doing my nails. No, I have no idea where the hell I got the time from.

Now, don't get me wrong, I love playing around with pretty pastels or bright shades during spring and summer, but fall's the time when some of my all-time favorites come out to play - all kinds of reds, purples. Throw in some brown shades and Franzi's heart will swell with happiness.

This fall, I got extra lucky with finding new nail polishes to try out because some of them turned out to be absolutely amazing, and when I re-discovered some polishes I loved last fall, I thought, why not combine two of my favorite things - fall and nail polish? (Also, I hope there's someone out there who appreciates the effort I put into that damn pun for the title. Admit it, I'm hilarious.)


Rimmel 60 Seconds Nail Polish - Rita Ora Collection in 'Rain, Rain, Go Away'

I actually got this one during summer and then never wore it - classic me move right there - and only realized that it had been hiding in my drawer for all those months when I looked for some shades to switch up my usual nail polish routine.
And man, am I annoyed that I didn't try this one out earlier!

The formula of this is outstanding. If you read my recent 'Life Lately' post, you might remember that I'm taking swimming this semester, which means that I spend at least two days a week at the swimming pool - not an ideal situation when you're as lazy as me when it comes to your nails.
This, however, doesn't come off one bit even when I'm swimming, it lasts around five days before it starts to chip! 

I know that it's not our typical dark fall shade, but as it is purple/grey-ish, I still like wearing it at the moment because it doesn't look summery at all (even though this is from a summer range. woops)


Avon Nailwear Pro + Polish in 'Sinful Romance'

Moving on to more of a true purple shade - Avon's nail polishes were some of the first I tried because , well, I maybe used to steal my Mom's polishes - maybe - and as the quality of their products has always been really great value for money, I sticked with them.
So, when I realized that they recently brought out some new shades for their 'Nailwear Pro +' range, I couldn't resist picking out the most autumnal shade.

I must've mentioned before that I really like the formula of these nail polishes as for one, they're very pigmented, so you'll only need to apply a layer or two for them to look opaque. On the other hand, they last for around four days on my hands without chipping, which is also great for a busy gal like me.


Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in '610 Red Zin'

This one is hands down my favorite of them all, which is ironic because I never would've picked it out for myself, it was actually included in a magazine my Mom got me.

The polish stayed perfectly in place even after both hours of swimming and cleaning, which in itself is amazing, but it also stayed put for another week. One week. I've never had a nailpolish stay on my nail for that long.
Also, the shade is a deep, rich red, which means that you'll only need a maximum of two coats for it to look perfect, which is not at all hard to work because the polish also dries insanely quickly, looking glossy in what feels like a minute.


Essence Colour&Go! Polish in '164 Crazy Fancy Love'

Even though Essence took their Colour & Go polishes out of shops some time ago, I still wanted to incorporate this one into this post because damn, look at that shade.

As the name suggests, these polishes are designed to be quick-drying, which I can't get enough of. Sadly, they aren't as long-lasting and start chipping after three, sometimes even two days - but as they were less than 2€ a bottle, I really can't cry about the quality all too much.
I also really love this shade as it's not just plain, which I usually go for, but changes with the lighting - super fun for nights out or even when Christmas time will roll around!


Avon Nailwear Pro + Hollywood Collection in 'Drive In'

Even though I love wearing dark shades that make me feel like I can kick ass and conquer the world once fall starts, I'll sometimes feel like something lighter on particulary gloomy days - and what would be better than this rosy nude?
Honestly, I can't quite remember how this ended up in my drawer, but I'm glad it did anyways. It's my go-to shade for when I'm feeling ultra feminin or need a neutral shade for a special occasions, so it's basically an all-arounder.

Because it's a fairly light shade, three layers of the polish are needed to achieve full coverage, which means that you have to have some time sit down and look after your nails, but the shiny finish definitely makes it worth it.

Much like the original Nailwear Pro + polishes, this one has great longvitey and lasts a fair few days before chipping up a storm.



What are your favorite nail polishes for fall?

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Beautiful colours, I do love the Sally Hansen polish. Gorgeous red.

    Amelia
    www.mumsbeautyspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig