Sunday, October 11, 2015

7 Super Spooky Recipes To Try Out This Halloween | Lifestyle

I don't know about you, but over the past few years, Halloween has become one of my favorite holidays. I think I might even love it equally to my favorite holiday of them all - Christmas.
And we don't even celebrate Halloween all too much here, so I'm not sure where all of this excitment came from originally, but I do know for sure that it is here to stay, and it only grows with every year that passes.

So, as we're well into the wonderful month of October, it's about time to start thinking about Halloween preparations in my eyes - there is no such thing as too early, am I right?
And even though thinking of costume ideas is way too much fun for someone who is kind of entering adulthood, there is something that is even more exciting to me - preparing food for a Halloween party!

Yeah, you heard that right. Spooky finger food - quite literally. 
So, as you do, I headed over to Pinterest for some inspiration, and I stumbled upon so many amazing recipe ideas that I just had to share them with you guys!


1. Candy Corn Caramel Apples

(via howdoesshe)

My tummy rumbled literally the second I found this photo. Caramel apples are one of my favorite fall treats, and these decorated ones definitely set the mood for Halloween.
Also, these aren't caramel apples only - you add candy corns to the caramel to give the apples that extra kick.
I want these in fornt of me. Right now.


2. Zombie Head Cheese

(via not martha)

This cheese dip just looks too amazing to pass up, and it's also really easy to prepare.
All you'll need is a plastic skull, spredable cheese and some coctail onions for the eyes - and without much fuss, you'll be able to display one eyecatcher of a cheese dip!


3. Monster Claw Cupcakes

(via bakingdom)

Tell me that these are not the most adorable cupcakes you've ever seen, I dare you.
While these are definitely a little trickier to get right - because oh my god, how do you get the fur to look so god damn real? - with some work and dedication, these will come out looking pretty darn fine.
These are especially perfect for when you're planning a kids' Halloween party!


4. Guacamole Puking Pumpkin


This might not tickle everyone's pickle because it might look a little too real, but it definitely is another creative way to serve some kind of dip.
All you'll need for this is a carved pumpkin, some guacamole and your favorite chips - if you're feeling adventurous, you could even dye them to look more spooky, like the ones in the photo above!


5. Dracula's Dentures


This recipe is totally adorable, and people with a sweet tooth will have almost as much fun prepin' those as they'll have eating them.
This definitely takes baking plain cookies to another levels, but it's also fairly easy to follow - and obviously, will leave you with an awesome result.


6. Nutella Banana Mummy Rolls


This recipe features one of my favorite combinations, bananas and nutella - yes, I sometimes dip my bananas in Nutella, okay? Ssssh, nothing wrong with that.
And it's also totally okay to eat a few of them since they contain fruit. So healthy.
The mummy rolls also look super cute once finished up with the candy eyes, and I can just imagine how delightful biting into these must be. Mhmmmm.


7. Halloween Party Cake


With a recipe that's as easy to follow as this one, even dummies like me can manage to bring out the freaking coolest cake ever at the next Halloween party they host.
Food coloring allows you to give this cake its mega bright appearance - and even though it might look a tiny bit poisonous, it'll taste absolutely delicious!


Do you have any favorite Halloween recipes that you love to whack out during this time of the year?

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig