Friday, October 9, 2015

Essie Does Mattes Now? | Beauty

One of the reasons why I like reading my fair share of magazines every month is because they always  include some sort of promotion for a beauty product that I didn't even know exsisted.

That way, I found out about the new 'cashmere matte' limited edition polishes Essie brought out in Germany back in August. And, as I absolutely adore both matte nail polish and Essie polishes in general, I decided to give them a go.

Easier said than done, though, as I literally had to visit every single drugstore downtown to hunt the shade that I desperately wanted down. If that's not dedication, then I don't know what is.




The shade I'm talking about is called "all eyes on nudes" and is, in case you couldn't guess by the name, a light brown nude shade, something that was nowhere to be found in my considerably large collection of nail polish.


As the color is very light, you will have to apply either two or three coats of it for a full coverage, which isn't really too much of an issue as it's insanely quick-drying - no smudging with this one!
The matte finish is also very lovely. It doesn't look overly dry or cling to any specific areas but is even and soft while still staying true to its intended finish.

Sadly, this is a very impractical nail polish for busy gals like me.
I do a lot with my hands - writing, cleaning, organising - the list goes on. That means that my hands, including my nails, are faced with tons of influences that wear them out - and that really doesn't go well with the finish of this polish, because as much as I love the matte look, it also chips super easily.
If I'm lucky, I can go two days without having to touch them up - if I'm not, they could also chip just a few hours after I applied the polish.


So, overall, I think it's safe to say that this collection is not worth 7,99€ per bottle, even if the matte finish does look very elegant once applied to the nails, it doesn't stay there for very long - even less so if you get most of your work done with your hands.


The cashmere matte collection is not available in stores anymore, however you could still purchase this particular one for around 12,99€ on Amazon.

Did you try out any of these limited edition polishes? 


SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Shame to hear it chips so easily - looked like it could potentially be awesome! I'm the same, I'm constantly doing things with my hands so I need nail polishes that can stay put!

    Misia xx | gowashyourface.com

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig