Wednesday, September 30, 2015

September Favorites | Beauty


Alright, I'm seriously starting to feel like I'm being rushed through this year. Tomorrow will be the first of October, one of my absolute favorite months because we get all kinds of goodness, like Halloween, comfy sweaters and comfort food - and once that's over, in the blink of an eye, it'll be Christmas. What.

September itself has been one hell of a rushed month for me - I started working more again alongside going back to school, and I've basically spent my past time drowning in stuff I should get done, watching TV shows instead. Such a responsible adult, aren't I.

Make up wise, September has been all about transitioning from summer's bright colors to something a little more neutral or darker make up, and pretty much all of my favorite products from the past month pretty much depict that!


Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara (11,99€)

To me, mascara has always been kind of a tricky beauty product to buy - my teeny tiny lashes definitely need one that adds some serious lenght to them, but I also want something that adds a little bit of volume to them.

Especially for the lenght part, the 'Lash Sensational' was everything I ever wanted and more. It more than doubles my lashes' lenght! While it doesn't do as much in the volume department, it still makes those bad boys look blacker and fuller - this might be my holy grail mascara!


MAC Viva Glam II (20€)

I've usually got my shades of lipstick sorted all throughout the seasons - pinks during spring, corals during summer and berry shades during fall and winter.
September, though, was kind of an issue - it's not really fall yet, so wearing a berry lip isn't quite socially acceptable at our school, but it's not summer either.

So, as I always do when I struggle with finding the perfect lippie, I reach for a nude one. The ultimade nude.
MAC's Viva Glam II is a lighter brown shade with slight pink undertones and a little bit of shimmer to it, and it's one of the easiest shades for me to wear. It goes with next to all of my outfits and make up looks - it's an absolute allrounder!

If you want to read some more about this glorious lipstick, I have a review on it up here.


Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette (47,99€)

I think I've talked about this palette so much that my neighbor's dogs probably know about it by now. I also featured it in a previous favorites before, but I don't even care because I just love it so much.

Out of all my three Naked palettes, this one is definitely my favorite - it offers loads of neutral shades that are fairly easy to work with, most of the shades are just the right amount of shimmery while there's also a few mattes.
And for someone like me, who wears make up for up to ten hours a day, these eyeshadows are a blessing - they are so incredibly long-lasting and you experience next to no fall-out with them.

I've mostly been wearing 'Verve', a shimmery silver shade, often with 'Pistol' blended in the crease.


Rimmel 60 Seconds Nail Polish - Rita Ora Summer Collection in 'Rain Rain Go Away' (4,16€)

I absolutely adore every single nail polish I've tried by Rimmel to date, and this one is no exception.
I actually picked it up around July when I ordered something else on feelunique and had to spend just a few more pennies to get free shipping - if you say you don't do this, you're lying - and even though it was part of their Summer Collection, I felt like the shade I bought was suited for fall a lot more.

'Rain Rain Go Away' is a very muted, almost grey-ish shade of purple. What really suprised me about this was its quality - I go for a swim twice a week and clean up the flat a lot as well, and this nail polish hardly even chipped when I wore it for an entire week. How amazing of a quality for such a small price is that?


What beauty product stood out to you this past month?

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Keep hearing sooooo many good reviews about that mascara, I've seen it included in so many favorite posts today so think I'll take it as a sign to finally go out and buy it haha!
    Becky Shannon xx - Life-by-Becky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the best drugstore mascara I have tried to date! You should really get it and see for yourself hahaha x

      Delete
  2. I love all of your favourites, great post!

    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig