Friday, September 4, 2015

4 Seriously Good TV Shows | Lifestyle


I think it's safe to say that I'm pretty serious about my TV shows. Serious as in, I just watched a show for six hours straight and now my eyes feel like they're turning into squares.
In all honesty though, this is what most of my summers consist of - and I can't be the only one, right?
In the whole of my sixteen year walking, but mostly lying down, on this earth, I have watched quite a lot of TV programmes, some I got insanely frustrated with, some I followed through with until the very end.

Because of that ever growing list of shows that I try to keep up with, my favorites change and shift every so often, but the ones I included in this list nevertheless stood out to me amongst them all.


1. Pretty Little Liars

I think by now it's no secret that I'm pretty obessed with this show - even though I went on a very angry rant after the mid-summer finale. Come on, it was pretty shitty.

In case you have been living under a rock for the past five years, the show follows the lives of Alison, Hannah, Aria, Spencer and Emily, who are being tormented by an anonymous person who goes by name of 'A'.

It might appear to be a rather typical 'girly' type of show during the first few episodes, but the show develops into so much more.
Next to no show takes such an immense turn on my emotions than Pretty Little Liars. Obviously, there's a lot of drama, but the show includes some amazing friendships, romance and one-liners that have me laughing so hard that my belly hurts.


2. The 100

Alright, I only started watching this show pretty recently, but it has sucked me in so hard that I found myself lying on the sofa, hitting "next episode" again and again and again. I finished the first season in one day. Ssssh,  I know. I'm disgusted at myself.

In 'The 100', the human kind has been living in space after an atomic war which made the earth not surviveable for almost a hundred years - they reside in a space, in a ship called 'The Ark'. When they are about to run out of reserverse, such as oxygen, they send 100 hundred teenagers down to the earth to test if it has finally become survivable again.

I have never gotten sucked into a TV show this fast. I was immediately hooked after I watched the pilot episode, not only the plot was so damn interesting and intense, but mostly because of the characters. The acting in this is incredible, because at times I felt so much for these characters, I screamt or squeeled out loud (especially when I thought that something was going to happen to Finn. Keep the hell away from my baby).
 I'm concerned what my neighbors think about me.


3. BBC's Sherlock

Believe me when I say that this one's good, because I would not torture myself with 90 minutes long episodes if it wasn't absolutely awesome.

I've got to admit that Tumblr made me watch this, but boy am I happy that I did.
This show is a modern turn on the orginial Sherlock stories written by Sir Conan Doyle. And it's absolutely freaking brilliant.

I like that this show makes me think alongside Sherlock Holmes, I adore the way it plays out on the screen, and I love the depth of its characters - again, I think I just get very emontionally attached to the characters in next to every show I watch. Is that weird? Please help me.


4. Empire

You could technically class all of the shows on this list as dramas, but none of them do drama quite as Empire does. Seriously, the amount of times my jaw dropped or I gasped out loud at this one are countless.

The show is about Lucious Lyon, the CEO of Empire Entertainment, who is diagnosed with ALS. Looking for a successor to take over the family buisness amongst his three sons Andre, Jamal and Hakeem, he pits them against each other. In the meanwhile, Lucious past comes back to haunt him.

Besides the drama, the main thing that makes this show so freaking great is its music. It's alway present, and it's incredible - I didn't think that this show would give me goosebumps, but the music did the job.

What's your favorite TV show?


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig