Friday, October 7, 2016

So You're Not a Beauty Blogger Anymore?

I've thought about writing this post multiple times. I even opened the draft once or twice, but I wasn't able to find the words to express what I had been feeling back then. What I was struggling with so much, the thing I felt like held both my blog and my passion for it back.
Two months have passed ever since the thought resurfaced and just refused to go away, and now I feel like I finally have the words and courage to say out loud what I've been thinking about.


When I started this blog back in Januray 2015, I thought of it as an outlet for everything I was passionate about, everything I wanted to speak up about or introduce others to. I mostly blogged about life as a high school student and all things beauty, And while I'm still sharing my struggles as a now senior with you guys, I feel like the beauty posts on this blog have become less and less frequent.

That's not because I've suddenly lost all interest in make up. I adore doing my make up, I love experimenting and going to town with it and I love finding out about new products. I just don't feel like I have that spark to come up with new, fresh ideas that could add anything to the community and serve its readers.
With so many beauty bloggers out there, I've been finding it really hard to do things that are unique and different to what others were doing, to try and stand out by at least a little. It's not that I have the urge to always stand out, that's really not the case, but I'd hate to only be writing the same posts everyone else is doing, let alone copy anyone. 
I think that while I adore everything that has to do with make up, I just might not be creative enough with it to constantly produce interesting posts. And that's okay.

As I started to invest more and more of my time into writing for this blog at the beginning of this year, I've realised that there's things I enjoy writing about even more than beauty, which I would never have guessed.

I always thought that I was way too boring to be a lifestyle blogger, but now I feel like those kinds of posts are the ones that come to me most naturally, the ones I don't have to force myself to write. I love telling you guys about stories from my life and giving you advice regarding topics I've struggled with myself. I still enjoy writing about life as a student, as a form of therapy for myself and to make other students laugh. It's like we're all having a mini-breakdown together, right?
I'm super passionate about reading and books, and I'm so happy that I've been able to integrate that aspect of my life into my blog more and more.

What's new is that I've also been sharing recipes on here more recently, especially new baking recipes that I discover, try and test. It always warms my heart when I get good feedback on these because while I enjoy baking and cooking in itself, hearing that others tried your recipes and liked them makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.


So yeah, now that I've chewed your ears off, let's come to the important point here.
So, you're not a beauty blogger anymore? No, I wouldn't call myself that anymore. The beauty aspect has been thinning out and is hardly prominent on this blog anymore, so it would be wrong to use that label.

I will still blog about beauty, if there are things that excite me, things I'd love to share with you guys because I feel like you'd get excited about them too, not because I feel like I'm supposed to. But I'm mostly going to cover the topics that ignite my love for writing, for one because I do not want to put out content that comes across as forced or bored under any circumstances, and also because I feel like you guys have always supported me and thus deserve work that I'm 100% confident in and happy about.


If you liked this post and want to be updated on fresh content regularly, why not follow me on Bloglovin'? You can find me on TwitterPinterest and Instagram as well!
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Nice post! I used to blog mostly about beauty too but then I realised I wasn't very good at makeup. I feel that over time blogs evolve, like pokemon.
    Róisín
    totallyro.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post, very insightful! I started my blog 3 years ago and it was completely beauty based. Now I still blog about beauty as I love it but write about travel, do lifestyle posts and even fashion posts; my blog is growing with me! xxx
    http://www.dellalovesnutella.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice to look back and watch how your blog evolves alongside you. I started as predominantly thrift fashion tips and now expanded into more and i'm loving it. Lovely post and good on you for putting it out there :)

    Sammy | Www.bargainbaglady.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it is only natural to grow and develop as a blogger and there is nothing wrong in changing things up / introducing new stuff. I stumbled upon your blog post about blogging as just starting out, however I'm sure I will be coming back x

    Monika :: www.lifebreu,com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This happened to me last year as well, but almost in reverse (kind of) I started my blog with soooo many ideas and intentions but then it quickly fizzled out and I gave up on it. I've started blogging again now about things that come naturally to me, and I totally agree with you that they are easier to write, more fun and get a better reception! Thank you for this post ☺️

    Becca | theapresgal.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yupp love this straight off the bat I knew that I was not going to fit a niche of blogging so I chose lifestyle blogger as it fits everything! As long as you are happy with what you're posting then it's all good :)
    www.beeingshazeda.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig