Wednesday, October 5, 2016

How to Bake: Cinnamon-Apple Cupcakes

If you've read my latest baking post, you will know that I've fallen head over heels for cupcakes. I used to be more of a cake or muffin kinda girl, mostly because those are easier to make and don't leave the kitchen looking like too big of a mess. However, ever since I've baked my first cupcakes I've been craving new ones constantly, which means that I've been baking them pretty much at least once a week.

Now that we're well into fall, I wanted to try out a new recipe that goes perfectly with the new season as it uses both apples and cinnamon - two of the things I immediately associate with fall.
Even though I had never tried this recipe out previous to this attempt, the cakes still turned out amazing - so they're both super easy to make and extremly yummy!



To make these, you will need:

Cupcakes: (12)

- 120g soft butter
- 120g sugar
-120g flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinammon
- 2 apples


Frosting:

- 100g cream cheese
- 60g soft butter
- 1 teaspoon cinammon
250g powdered sugar
- 1 apple


Method:

1) Preheat the oven to 170 degrees celsius. Mix butter and sugar until the mixture appears to be soft, then add eggs, flour and cinammon and mix until everything is well-combined.

2) Peel, quarter and core the apples, then cut them into small squares. Add the apple squares to the mixture and mix for another minute.

3) Add your mixture into twelve muffin tins evenly and bake the cakes for around 25 minutes.

4) To make the frosting, combine the cream cheese and butter. When the mixture is soft, continue to add cinammon and powdered sugar and mix until well-combined. Fill your frosting into a piping bag and add it onto your cupcakes.

5) Cut the leftover apple into small slices and place them on top of the forsting. And you're done!



Do you have any favorite fall recipes, baking-related or not? If so, please feel free to share them with me!

If you liked this post and want to be updated on fresh content regularly, why not follow me on Bloglovin'? You can find me on TwitterPinterest and Instagram as well!
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Those cupcakes sound amazing!xo

    www.studentpaperie.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so going to bake these for my work colleagues next week they sound well tasty! Lucky them! Lol thanks for sharing :) X

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig