Tuesday, October 18, 2016

At the Bottom of My Bag...

I like to carry big handbags because I always need to have what a wide range of things with me - glasses, sunglasses, hand sanitizer, tissues, a liter of water, the list goes on. Most of the time I take the make uo I'm wearing that day with me as well in case I need to touch it up throughout the day.

While I suppose it's fairly normal for us girls to have a make up bag with us, I do something that cannot be the norm. I'm a freaking lipstick hoarder. And I don't mean owning more lipsticks than I could possibly use, I mean carrying half of my collection around with me at times.
As I chuck the lip product I used into my handbag before leaving the house very single day, they tend to pile up at the bottom of my bag - last time I checked, there were so many of them that it inspired me to write an entire post dedicated to the lippies that I appear to love so much that I take them everywhere with me.



Because there's such a big amount of lippies to be talked about, let's work through this from left to right.

KIKO's Smart Lip Pencil in '' is one of my all-time favorite lipliners. If you apply some lipbalm beforehand, this glides on smoothly and gives some amazing color pay-off. The shade is also amazing for fall - it's a brown shade with red undertones.

There cannot be a blogger who hasn't heard of the infamous Rimmel Kate Moss lipstick in '107'. It's a lot of people's favorite red, and I absolutely stand with that. I find that, for pale people like me, it is still very wearable even though it's quite out there and dark. It's ideal for nights out or festivities during fall or winter, or simply for days when you're feeling a little bolder. The only downside of this is that, as it has a matte finish, it can be quite unforgiving on the lips, so I always make sure to exfoliate and mosturize them before applying the lipstick.

It really shouldn't be any secret to people who know me or my blog that there's so many MAC lipsticks to be found in my bag. As they offer such good quality, amazing pay-off and let's be real, smell heavenly, I always seem to fall back on them. 'Twig' is an ideal mauve-y shade for me as long as I'm still sporting my holiday tan, but tends to look more like a red/purple-ish shade when I'm pale - and 'Velvet Teddy' and 'Viva Glam II' are by far my most-worn nudes and also go-tos on days when I need a reliable lippy.

Another blogger favorite I've been dying to try for myslef are the NYX Lingerie Liquid Lipsticks. They became available here in Germany a month or so ago and quickly sold out. It was a hard fight, but after I managed to get hold of the shades 'Exotic' and 'Push Up', they seem to have been living at the bottom of my bag. 'Exotic' is the shade I reach for when I feel like a bold, but not quite Rimmel Kate Moss '107' shade, and 'Push Up' is a very unique nude that looks like an almost gray-ish shade with slight pink undertones on me. What's so great about these is that they dry to a very matte finish while not drying out my lips at all!

You know what NYX also does well? Their Matte Lip Creams. The shades 'Abu Dhabi' and 'London' are both very different nudes - one with pink, the other with orange undertones - but they're both equally great in quality. They're super soft on the lips and last for absolutely ages. Even though I love both of the shades, I feel like 'Abu Dhabi' is more wearable for everyday use, especially now that I like to rock more darker shades.

The last lipstick I dug out from the depths of my handbag is the H&M lipstick in '003 cream chestnut' - granted, it must've been there for a while because it used to be my favorite nude to wear during the summer holidays as it was super creamy and looked absolutely tanning with dark skin. I guess it'll live in my drawer until spring comes out to play...



Now, do you also tend to find beauty products at the bottom of your handbag? If so, please tell me about them!


If you liked this post and want to be updated on fresh content regularly, why not follow me on Bloglovin'? You can find me on TwitterPinterest and Instagram as well!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig