Sunday, June 28, 2015

June Favorites | Beauty

This morning, while making breakfast (aka a bowl of cereal, because who has time for anything else?) something crossed my mind. "I  feel like I haven't done a monthly favorites in aaages."

Well, apparantly June has been messing with my head even more than I was aware of, because it has been around four weeks.
Finals, work and finally living on my own have most definitely left their marks on me - as you might have noticed by my absence or general attitude, so beauty wise, the last month has been more on the comfortable side of things because when I'm not feeling my best, I'll at least want to look my best.

So let's have a look at the items that made be feel like kicking ass this June, shall we?


MAC Matte Lipstick in 'Kinda Sexy' (20€)

If you read my in-depth review on this lipstick, you will know that I actually won it in a giveaway after admiring the shade from afar for months!
Even though the days are noticeably getting warmer here in Germany and I usually prefer wearing really light make up during this time of the year, I've found myself reaching for this at least every second day.

'Kinda Sexy' is a more pale pink tones nude lipstick which looks great on gals with lighter skin. It works for both day and night looks and because of its matte formula, it lasts for up to five hours, which is marvellous.

Essence "So Glow!" Highlighter in 'Bright Up Your Life" (2,79€)

I actually picked this product up around early May and already spoke about it back then, but it's been getting a lot more love over the past weeks as I've been loving dewy, glowy skin which sadly doesn't come to me naturally.

I love that this does add a subtle glow which mostly shows up in the sun without being to out there or making me look like I came straight out of a Twilight movie. It's a cream to powder product, which took a little for me to get used to, and it's available in two shades, one of which is more sparkly, and one champage toned shade, which is the one I own.

Avon Magic Effects Matte Nail Polish in 'White' (8€)

I'll admit it - this is the first ever matte nail polish that I bought. I know, I know. I don't know why it took me so long, either, because I fell absolutely head over heels in love with this one.

I own around fiteen polishes by Avon, and as I trust their products to be of good quality while still being affordable, I decided to go for this new product when I spyed it, and I wasn't let down.
Within a minute, this dries to a matte finish - you will need two coats for a full coverage as this is a white shade, but with that drying time, that's totally doable.
The polish lasts for three to four days before seriously chipping, which isn't too shabby, especially as I didn't have the time to take care of my nail a lot in June.

Urban Decay Naked 2 Eyeshadow Palette (47,99€)

I've mentioned this in a previous monthly favorite back in March, but I have no shame including it again because without fail, I have used this palette every.single.day. I was mentally slapping myself on the wrist everytime I went back to it because I didn't want to neglect my huge collection of eyeshadow palettes, but I just couldn't help myself. It's that good.

You'll all know the deal about Urban Decay's palettes by now - the quality is outstanding, the shadows go on buttery smooth and are very blendable, while also lasting for a pretty long time.
What I love about this one in particular is that there are so many nice shades for summer. There's pinks, golds, silvers, some darker shades for when you're feeling something bold - if I could only ever use one eyeshadow palette for the rest of my life, it'd be this one!


What have you been loving throughout the past month?


SHARE:

1 comment

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig