Thursday, December 8, 2016

45 Good Things That Happened Last Week

Life can be pretty rough. I think most of us will be able to relate to feeling like everything is going wrong and not being able to do anything to change that, a feeling of helplessness, a feeling of defeat.

I've been having some of those minor crisises lately - but hey, what are final exams without your life falling apart at least three times? - and I know I can say for myself that when I've falled into one of my mood holes, I'm often quick to see the world through some really dark glasses.

However, I saw a really nice idea that one of my fellow bloggers had - I saw about this on Twitter and even though I was so sure I had saved the post, I someshow didn't, so please tell me who this was!
She wrote an entire post all about the good things that had happened to her within the space of a week, and I thought that this was such a lovely idea to remind myself, and even others, to see the big picture and remember all the good things that happen even when you think everything sucks.

Because of that I decided to write down every single, small good thing that happened during the past week - and now I finally have the time to share my list with you guys!





1. I knew the text I had to translate in my Latin final exams because I had translated it before as practice. I literally remember 90% of it on the spot.

2. I thought I completely failed my Maths final, but I didn't. I didn't do very great, either, but at least I passed.

3. I had my favorite cake for lunch and didn't give a damn.

4. I decided to go home early on Monday because I didn't feel to good and missing those five classes was the best decision I ever made - gave me some time to breathe

5. Because I went home early on Monday, I had two entire free hours to myself in the evening. That's luxury during finals season, let me tell ya.

6. I finally managed to finish the presentation on my thesis.

7. I got to sleep in on Tuesday and woke up at 8am instead of 5.30.

8. My Dad was kind enough to drive me to school on Tuesday so I didn't have to put up with the nightmare that is public transport.

9. Ice flowers all over glass surfaces.

10. People who randomly smile at you.

11. My English teacher giving me a perfect grade and telling me I sound like a native speaker.

12. I got an A* on my Bio final. I almost cried.

13. People who randomly told me they were proud of me for my grade.

14. Making time to meet my Mom for lunch.

15. Having Dönerteller for lunch. Look it up, it's heavenly.

16. Christmas decorations are now up all over town and it's so beautiful.

17. Having a little more time to spend with my family.

18. Waking up before my alarm on Wednesday and having a few more minutes to chill in bed.

19. The smell of coffee.

20. Having people I can talk to about literally anything without them thinking I'm nuts.

21. Overcoming a grudge I've held for so long.

22. The feeling that all my struggles regarding my thesis will have payed of tomorrow (Thursday) when I'm done with presenting my results to my seminar.

23. Going to sleep before 9pm.

24. Opening my advent calendar's first door.

25. I aced the presentation on my thesis.

26. My teacher told me that she could see how much effort I've put into my thesis by just reading through my it.

27.  The feeling after working on my thesis was over for good.

28. Having an evening where I don't study for hours on end.

29. Having Pizza Hut for dinner.

30. Wearing my favorite roll neck sweater.

31. Nutella toast for breakfast.

32. People who are nice to you for no reason.

33. Seeing the school secretary so often that she even stops to chat with me.

34. Making cotton candy and donating the money we make from it to charity.

35. Seing how many people are willing to give to a good cause.

36. My biology teacher literally calling me queen.

37. Getting to go home at 1pm.

38. Being on top of most of my work.

39. Leaving the house for a few hours to get away from studying.

40. Cuddles with my Mom.

41. Winning fries in the McDonald's monopoly.

42. ... and then winning a sundae right afterwards.

43. Being in bed by 8.30pm.

44. Kinderpunsch - it's a Christmas drink in Germany and I'm obsessed with it,

45. Chosing family over work, because sometimes it's just necessary.


Looking at it now, I don't think I would've remember even a third of all these nice things had I not written them down - it's a nice thing to do once in a while to remind yourself that there's so many small, yet good thing that happen to you on the daily!

What's a good thing that happened to you last week?


If you liked this post and want to be updated on fresh content regularly, why not follow me on Bloglovin'? You can find me on TwitterPinterest and Instagram as well!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig