Friday, December 23, 2016

My Christmas Eve Make Up

It's Christmas break, which means I'm finally a free woman and have some free time to devote to my blog!
Seriously y'all, I felt so bad whenever I thought about my blog during the past month, but I was so overwhelmed with all of my final exams, my thesis and projects that I found less and less time to produce content for you, and I didn't want to put any half-arsed posts out there because believe me, you would've realised how little time I put into them from the get-go.

Now, here in Germany, most families celebrate Christmas on Christmas Eve, as does mine, so I wanted to plan out my make up for tomorrow in advance and share it with you guys.
However, there's a really fun twist to this - I got food poisoning earlier this week and am still not feeling completely normal yet, so I created this look less than an hour ago and am now writing this post wrapped up in a blanket with a hot water bottle, back to the dark circles that almost reach my nose.
So glamurous.

However, enough of my whining, and let's get to the important part - the make up!






I didn't want a too heavy base for this look as my skin has gone through so many waves of breakouts this year. 
Beause of that, I merely used my NYX HD Concealer under my eyes and on any red spots I'm sporting.
Instead of using a foundation, I only applied MAC's Mineralize Skinfinish Natural Powder in 'Light Plus' all over my face with a Beauty Blender - the good thing about this powder is that, when applied with a sponge, it gives you just about as much coverage as you would get from a foundation with medium coverage!
And, because it's Christmas, I wanted to add a little glow to my look - I stumbled upon Essence's One For All Shimmer Drops the other day, and they're absolutely perfect! However, you really need to watch out when applying these as the pay-off, especially regarding the glitter, is veeery strong.

For my eyebrows, I used the palette I've been using for what feels like at least half a year - Essence's shape & shadows, out of which the third shade (I totally forgot the name, will add this later!) is the perfect match for my brows.

I wanted my eyeshadow to be super festive and golden. To achieve this, I used mostly Urban Decay's Naked Palette - at first, I applied the shade 'Naked' all over my lid as a form of base shadow. Then I applied "Buck", a darker brown shade, to my crease and blended it in. Afterwards, I wet my eyeshadow brush and applied the golden shade "Half Backed" to the middle third of my lid and blended it in as well. Finally, I used a tiny bit of Essence's Loose Eyeshadow in 'gleaming in the winter sun' for the inner corner of my eye.

Lip wise, I used my trusty old Burt's Bees lip balm first to prep my lips a little. Then I lined my lips with MAC's lipliner in 'Soar' and filled them in with MAC's lipstick in 'Twig'.


And there you have the finished look!


It isn't anything too fancy except for the eyeshadow - and the highlight, which sadly doesn't show up in the photo at all - but if you, like me, are more of a girl for neutral looks, this might be something you could try out!


Do you like to lie low or go all out on make up for Christmas celebrations?





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig