Monday, January 11, 2016

Urban Decay's Naked 2 Basics | Beauty



It really is no secret that I'm a fan of Urban Decay's eyeshadow palettes - ever since my friends got me the three Naked palettes for my birthday last year, I've been basically praising their quality non-stop. I apparently talked about them so much that my Mom picked up on my on my love for them and got me the Naked 2 Basics eyeshadow palette for Christmas, which made me insanely happy because I had been eyeing it up for ages!

Now, I gave myself some time to truly get to work with this before giving you guys my two cents about it and as I finally had the time to sit down and think, here you go!


I'm not going to lie, I had pretty high expectations when using this for the first time because I absolutely loved all of Urban Deacy's products I have tried so far, and thank god I wasn't let down.

First of, I really love the size of this palette - because it's so tiny (it does appear to be a lot more bigger in the photos) and still includes a mirror,  it's ideal for when you're on the go.
Besides that, its shade selection is superb, all of the shades are neutral, which I love because they're very easy to work with when you're going for a more natural make up look. However, the shades don't really work well with one another in my opinion, so don't expect to create any extravagant looks with this.



Now, as you can see from the swatches, the color pay-off of these is really great, except for the "Skimp", which is the first shade - a really pale yellow that sadly hardly shows up on my equally pale skin.

Applying the shadows is an absolute dream, they apply super smoothly and are very easy to blend, so if you don't like all the fuzz that comes with creating a banging eye look or don't have a lot of time on your hands, these are ideal for you!
Wear wise, these have definitely proven themselves to be equally as great as the original Naked palettes. I hardly experienced any fallout with these, and if I did, it was after six hours or more weartime, which means that if anything, they are definitely long lasting.

My favorites out of the shades included would definitely have to be "Stark", which does look a little orange in the swatch above, but is actually a soft pink shade, and "Frisk", which is a light grey shade.
Something that I definitely need to work on is stepping outside of my comfort zone when it comes to darker shades because "Cover" and "Primal" are really pretty shades that do somewhat bring out my blue eyes, but they're just so damn intimidating. Does anyone else feel that way about darker make up or is that just me being weird? Who knows.


Overall, this palette is for you if you are looking for some really great quality when it comes eyeshadows, or if you're really into your neutral shades - and if you're not afraid to pay for that.
 Don't get me wrong, I'm absolutely in love with this and I've been using it a lot ever since I got it for Christmas., but as of right now, this gem is 30€, which is quite a bit of money, especially if you, like me, are still trying to make your peace with darker shades.


Have you ever tried any of Urban Decay's eyeshadow palettes?

Bloglovin' | Instagram | Twitter
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Great post! This is my go to palette at the moment and has been for a while, I just feel like for nights out it's the perfect little carry around, plus the colours are amazing X


    www.sheintheknow.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry that I'm only replying now, but I totally agree with you! I love that it's so handy for when you're on the go! :)

      Delete
  2. This is actually the first and only Urban Decay palette I own! I love the colours as they're in my comfort zone. Primal is actually one of my favourites! I agree that the colours don't go too well with each other- I've tried and it ends up looking like a brown blob on my eyelids!

    Diana,
    coffeetalkwithdee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry that I'm only getting back to you now! I know the issue with the brown blob you're talking about, it's a mess and makes me feels like I should never try to blend any eyeshadows ever again, haha! x

      Delete

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig