Monday, January 4, 2016

Let's Talk New Year's Resolutions | Lifestyle


New Year's resolutions and I have some kind of love-hate relationship. When I was younger, I always had loads of resolutions and I was so determinded to go through with all of them, but fast forward to March and I had almost forgotten about them entirely.
I still really like the idea of them. I like the idea of sitting down and reminiscing about the past year on New Year's Eve and thinking how you could become a better version of yourself. But really, has anyone ever gone through with one of their resolutions? All of my friends have come to the conclusion that no one we know has.

So when I was celebrating the new year before, at and after midnight, maybe a little tipsy on all the champagne, I started to think about resolutions, of all things. This year is the first one I didn't make any for in the first place, because not sticking to them would just make me feel guilty, and that's really not the point.

So I instead of wording my goals for this year, I thought of some mantras that should help me get through it, and I wanted to share them with you - maybe you, like me, are not a big fan of resolutions that are set in stone, or you're just curious to see what everyone wants to do with their lives this year - either way, here you!

1. This year, I want to banish as much negativity from my life as possible.
Now, I know that that is pretty hard when you're putting yourself out there on the internet for everyone to see, but when I am in control of what's happening, and I like to believe myself to be most of the time, I want to cut the crap, whether its people around me who make feel bad, or things that make me unhappy, I want to be strong enough walk away from it.

2. I want to do more for my health.
I don't mean that as in "I will join the gym and work out five times a week!" because that would be great, but it just isn't realistic for someone who's as lazy as me. I mean it in I want to look after my body more and react to the signals it gives me - don't drink as much, walk rather than taking the bus, go to bed sooner.

3. I'd love to get back into writing.
Starting this blog reignited my passion for writing, not just as in writing blog posts, but fiction, too. I used to fantasize about publishing my own book one day and god, I wrote for hours on end.
Sadly, during the past few months of 2015 my life has been so hectic that I didn't really have the time to do anything than work, eat, sleep, repeat, so that dream did kind of dry up. But in my eyes, a new year means tons of new chances, and I want to seize this one and get back on track.

4. Most of all, I really want to up my blogging game.
As I mentioned, I've been slacking real hard lately and in 2016, I want to make up for that. On top of improving my writing skills, I want to drastically improve my photography - ever since I got the iPhone 6s I have been basically practicing non-stop because the quality of the camera is outstanding.
By doing so, I want to improve the content I provide you guys with to show you how much your support means to me. My blog is to turn one soon, and it baffles me that people still enjoy reading about my opions and experiences - but that soppiness is for another post!


Do you have any resolutions for the new year? I'd love to hear about them!


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig