Friday, January 29, 2016

The Lipgloss For Me - Essence's Velvet Matte | Beauty



I have never really liked lipglosses because let's be real, they are pretty impractical, especially for people like me who have long hair - it will always end up getting stuck in the lipgloss. Not only when it's windy - that's a nightmare in itself - but also when you're just casually letting your hair fall into your face. Nice.
On top of that, I also can't deal with my lips being all sticky. It's just weird. I don't like it. Leave me alone.

I've stayed away from any sort of lipgloss for as long as I can remember for all of the reasons I just mentioned, but I realized that when Essence had come out with a new range of 'Velvet Matte' shades as an addition to their 'XXL longlasting lipgloss' line, I was intruiged. For one, I have been a faithful lover of Essence, an affordable German drugstore brand, ever since I started experimenting with makeup, and secondly, I just have a thing for matte lippies. They always end up coming home with me - and as this one was only 2€, I really couldn't resist trying out a matte lipgloss for the first time ever - I went for the shade, 06 which is called "soft nude" - as you can see in the swatch below, it's a medium brown shade with pink undertones.


The first thing I noticed about this product was its scent - it smells deliciously sweet, a little like vanilla. However, the scent is not sicklish or overpowering.

Application wise, this is fairly easy to work with, the product doesn't come out clumpy or smudge while applied with the wand, although it would be great if the wand picked up a little more product because it often comes out a little sparse.

After applied to the lips, the product dries very quickly (very much to my satisfaction due to my hate for anything sticky), leaving a velvety looking finish. It looks like your usual matte lipstick! I'm so amazed that I actually does what it claims to do.

Wear wise, this is amazing! Hardly any of my lippies sit this comfortably on my lips. It doesn't make my lips sting or leave them feeling tight, either.
It lasts for around two or three hours without budging, however it does not last through heavy/long meals, but compared to the longevity of an average lipgloss, that's still really good.




Altogether, I think it's safe to say that this lipgloss is outstanding! As I mentioned, there are a few tiny things that I don't exactly love about it, but the overall quality you get for such a low price is amazing! And they're a great alternative for people like me who aren't too fond of the average lipgloss but still don't want to give up on them altogether.


Have you ever tried a matte lipgloss?

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I haven't tried a Matte lip gloss like this but this one looks pretty good.
    What other colours are in the range?

    Ellen,
    http://fishnetsxd.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is amazing! The range includes four different shades, two pinks ones, a true red and a purple-ish/berry shade! :)

      Delete
  2. This colour is beautiful and it's such a good price!

    - Eternalleigh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig