Thursday, November 17, 2016

Christmas Gift Guide: Mom

Getting others presents is one of my favorite things in life. Watching people I love unwrap presents I handpicked for them makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside - or, at least it does when they like their presents.

But picking out presents can be really damn hard, especially when you're looking for something special for people close to you who have literally seen it all - the good, the bad and the ones you bought the day before.
Because of that, I decided to make a Christmas gift guide series this year where I give you some inspiration on what you could get for your loved ones.

Mums are especially hard to buy presents for in my eyes as we always want to treat them like the queens they are, but as we are their children, they've basically gotten all the gifts from us before so it's hard to come up with something new and unique.
I've thought about some gift ideas for all the Moms out there - some of which I'll personally be getting mine as well - so get ready to take notes!





1. Fancy PJ's

I don't know about your Mom, but mine loves her PJ's. I bet she'd spend all day in them if she could, especially when they're of the luxurious satin/silky or extremly comfy type. So wouldn't some super fancy PJ's be a good Christmas present for a Mom who likes to lounge around in them all day?
I found this super cute set on ASOS - it's made of satin and it's got some hummingbird embroidery - what more could you want?


2. DIY Photo Album

I'm definitely going to make one of these for my Mum this year. I made a tiny one with baby and kid photos of my brother and myself last year, and she loved it so much she nearly cried - so I decided to make a huge, and I mean huge one filled with photos and badges, receipts and other stuff from out holiday in Tenerife!

This is a really personalised and unique gift that comes from heart, so I think every Mom would appreciate it - and maybe even like it more than a gift that can be purchased anywhere!


3. Quirky Coffee Table Books

For some reason, you can never have too many coffee table books. There's always another unused space you discover where you could put another one of them, and they don't just look pretty, they're often super interesting or funny to look at as well!
"The Little Books of Hygge" would be a perfect gift for any Mom who's stressed out from work and just needs to unwind - learning about hygge from this might help!


4. Fluffy Socks

It's only a small gift and might even pass as a stocking filler, but fluffy socks are such a classic for me. Next to everyone loves them and my family has come to appreciate, if not worship them on cold winter days.
It's even better when they look as cute as this pair from H&M - who could resist the cute penguins?


5. Adult Coloring Books *

I love my Harry Potter adult coloring book - it helps me concentrate and calm down whenever I'm anxious, and besides that, it's also a super fun, creative past time!
Secret Garden is one of the most talked about of these coloring books, and I haven't seen it being sold for as little as it is in this little cute shop! (*) It's run by the lovely Becky, a fellow blogger babe. (*)
And if Secret Garden isn't your thing, she offers another coloring book as well!


6. Cute Mugs

If you're British and/or your Mom enjoys her tea, coffee or other hot beverages, you should consider getting her a cute mug for Christmas. Urban Outfitters has a few animal ones to offer, like this absolutely adorable cat one that also holds your teabag (how cool is that?). However, if UO is as pricey where you as it is here, you will definitely find just as funny or sweet ones in most homeware stores.


7. Scarves

Almost every woman I know wears scarves, often even daily. My mother is one of them - she has an entire collection filling up her closet, and yet she always finds new ones she loves!
Now, this totally depends on your Mom's preference - whether she's into thin and small or big, hunky, this could be a blanket scarf - but Becky also offers some pretty neat ones (*) in her shop as well, There's all different kinds of patterns and colors - it's basically Mom heaven!

8. Lush Gift Packages

It's no secret that Lush is one of my favorite stores of all time - I mean, they're cruelty free and offer all kinds of amazing bath products - but their products aren't something I treat myself to every day.
To me, Lush products are for special occasions when I want to pamper myself.
Because of that, Lush products make for amazing presents in my eyes - they're something special and there's something for everyone: bath bombs and bubble bars, shower gels and handmade soaps, face masks and even make up! And all the products come in amazing scents as well,
If you're feeling extra nice, you could even dash out on one of their gift packages - this one is one of my favorites from this year's range!


9. Candles

I love candles. They're perfect for creating a cosy atmosphere at home, especially during the colder seasons when the nights are longer. This is again all about personal preference, but Yankee Candles do some of my favorite candles ever. The big glasses last you for literal months and the scents are amazing and so long-lasting as well!


Do you have a special gift that you will be getting your Mom this year?

If you liked this post and want to be updated on fresh content regularly, why not follow me on Bloglovin'? You can find me on TwitterPinterest and Instagram as well!


* links marked with an asterics are sponsored links.
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I'm so getting my mum that book, she keeps going on about it that I think it's needed haha x

    Everything But The Kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great guide! Lush gift packages and candles are definitely things that I'm sure anyone would love x

    TOUCHOFGUCCI // BLOGLOVIN 

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig